1 (edited by gitaardocphil 2007-10-11 10:20:16)

Topic: THE MICROBE SONG

As you can see there are still no chords, because I am still thinking if I will start in Em or in C.
Please, my mother tongue is NOT ENGLISH, that' why I ask your help. PLEASE HELP ME TO CORRECT THINGS, BECAUSE INFECTIONS ARE FAR MORE COMPLICATED, AND I JUST TRIED TO WRITE THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS, THE COURSE AT MED SCHOOL = 500 pages (ONLY MICROBIOLOGY).
I am not selfish, the lyrics were written 6 weeks ago, corrected, with a melody, starting from C to Am and using Em, F, G G7 D Dm D7, like the strophe from G followed by C, a nice combination, because you can scream for help going from G to C. I don't want compliments, but advise. If someone sais "it sucks" well write your lyrics and I'll be glad to use them. I do have a lot of songs, most with just simple personal lyrics THANKS
   C         Am                F                 C              Am        F
This is a song about some microbes, you can add a virus too
   C         G        Am   F        D7                              G         G7       
They are not all aggressive, because some of them will protect you

You have a lot of strange, weird names  but is this worth to mention too

We can live sometimes together, but we’ll have to spoil them too.

Staphylococus, streptococcus, cholera and typhus, are not more funny too
They can harm you even as good friends, so don’t try to wash too much your body
Or to loose your skin in fire, because you turn some of your friends into enemies,
giving them a chance to attack you where they can, those are sad stories.

They often stay quiet and do not disturb you, thanks to our soldiers

You see with have are own protection, but what if soldiers are asleep

Like AIDS can  kill a lot of  people, because protection doesn’t work

They have to cross our human border, and sometimes the customs are not there

Malaria is coming with the mosquito flight 230, lands and kills a lot of us
Be always ready for invasions be aware they can attack you like our little ebola bug
So you have to fight back, there are some microbe killing drugs boy
Use them good if you can, if not they are joining the resistance without mercy

A hospital is full of microbes, you’re more safe at home, because we trat them wrong

Some nasty problems will occur, if you don’t use your common sense and listen well

Your body gives you all the information, like fever, tired well go to bed

It is amazing how they spread, they multiply by dividing,  this is all so strange.

I wrote already that some of them protect us, but suddenly they can attack.
A burn wound gives them food, fresh meat without a skin, because you loose protection
Loosing skin. Rest and sleep are so important for the church your body is, you can’t prevent they are there. I hope all this won’t happen, and if they do, nuke them using drugs

Dear chordian friends, I put some chords on the 2 first lines, repeating the same on line 3 and 4
Style "light strumming, using some finger picking, and you have a catchy tune. What I really should love to see, is how others would sing it, I saw some linguistic problems: they are fixed. Despite of some microbes being scary (like anthrax) I used a more FEELGOOD melody. WHY because I have 3 completely different microbe songs in stead of struggling about the style.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: THE MICROBE SONG

Hi gitaardocphil - I, too, am interested to hear this song.  I found it a little difficult to latch onto a rhythmic pulse to the lyric - but I'm sure it is there.  Please give it a bash with your tape recorder running and let us hear this one.  James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

hi gitaardocphil unusual lyrics but it wiil come across better when you record it  stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Hi Docs,
i enjoyed this one. I also would love to hear music for it.
Ive been told all my life i shower to much..So if i stop this willl i be more
healthy? and more attractive to the Male Species? Maybe this is my revelation?

Honkin Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

So this a part of second MICROBE SONG, pt 2, if Pink Floyd can write 6 songs about "shine on your crazy diamond, I have the right to do this too. I even don't think in my language, but in English, when writing or speaking (NO TRANSLATION FROM DUTCH to ENGLISH)
Why 2 songs? and similar title?
ANSWER: I can and will use them both. 1 acoustic
and 2: AND THIS REALLY HAPPENED, NAPOLEON lost the war because of the diseases, I think cholera 75% and Typhus 25%
If it wasn't about Napoleon loosing in Russia
NO PANIC FRIENDS, Chords will be added soon, and I knew that those lyrics are funny in a certain way, but I have 2 or 3 lyrics, so "if" I post them, you'll see a differnce.
One song: for electric is aggressive and true, with some, what I found nice events.

If it wasn't because of Pasteur's microscope
we should be afraid and have no hope.
If the "mics"  were not outnumbered at the Russian borders
Napoleon's soldiers were to sick to follow his orders.

Microbes are nice, when it's light or when it's dark
But always be aware, they attack you like a shark
The mostly sing a song silence is golden
If protecting you, sometimes you can not hold them

I see some virusses, I see some microbes and I know them well
You have the good ones, you have the bad ones, the in betweens
You can destroy them, but you can love them, as I will tell
and if you nuke them, it will affect you, because you need them, the has beens.

Please do respect them, and treat them good, they do like also your food

Here I am convinced that there are no misspellings, and I love this one really.
It is sad, because I forgot some lines, started to sing this on my way to the hospital, that word is also somewhere in the lyrics. I say or think that the lyrics you forget, were not the right ones.
Right now, some words are coming back: it is about diseases spread by the first settlers killing a lot of Natives, and they blessed us with "syphilis" which was used as "syphilips" (my name).
I love to play with words, and if I shouldn't laugh with my physical condition, I should feel worse

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

ANSWER FOR JAMES: you are 100% correct, but I use in that song, some more difficult chords too, and I sing it using some licks, like descending on a string and singing at the same time.
Examples of the string thing, is (excuse me to compare me with him) the George Harisson song: "SOMETHING" where he starts in A and goes to A major 7 to A7.
He sings along with A, A major 7, and A7 before taking D