Topic: Only 15

I got this idea based on a guy I know from years ago when he was 19. Most of the story is made up, he was never found out by the police but he felt so bad when he found out the next day her real age. This is about how young girls look older than they are and go to pubs, they might look old enough plastered wit hmake up but still sound like young girls and after a few drinks a guy would find it hard to tell the age or just doesnt care?
It is played quite slow. If it is played fast it sounds just like " blow up your T.V"

Only 15

G                                                            C
She had the curves of a woman but the mind of a child
   D                                                                            C                          G
Her hair was dyed wore make up on her eyes her nails were neatly filed
She wore a mini skirt that sat upon her thigh
Wore the best of clothes with a stuck up nose with looks you couldn’t buy

Chorus
C
She was only 15
                   G
How were you suppose to know
She was only 15
And now you feel so low
F
Only 15
         C
but she didn’t mind
F                   C                         G
Only 15 for her you will do time

You met her in a bar full of adults wine and beer
After a few something grew it was only her voice in your ear
Her friend left her alone in your capable hands
She smelt like honey though your nose was runny and you listened to the band

Chorus

Break
C   C   C   C  D  C   C    C    C   D    C    C   C  C   G

Your friends they all told you that she was quite a catch
You felt so good and she talked so rude she was the perfect match
So you took her back to your place and put the kettle on
She grabbed you by the arm showed some charm you didn’t know it was wrong

Next morning she was gone as you lay in bed with a smile
Then a chap at the door you fell to the floor and you lay there a while
A voice from the other side said “it’s the police, let us inâ€
You’re going down to the station in town for committing a terrible sin

She was only 15
How were you suppose to know
She was only 15
And now you feel so low
Only 15 She said she didn’t matter
Only 15 but you’ve never met her father

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Re: Only 15

Nice song based on one of my all-time favorites, Ken.

The actual name for the song is "Spanish Pipedream", but everyone knows it as the 'blow up your TV' song.  "For I knew that topless lady had something up her sleeve" is one of John Prine's best lines.

Funny thing is, I know some grown men and women who never matured mentally beyond the age of about 15.  Likewise, I have met a few (very few) 15-year olds that are wise beyond their years.

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Nice song Ken,

Reminds me of a couple of stories I could tell but this is not the place, maybe one day we will meet up for a dram or two and I can reveal all.

Mind you I have missed out on something. I have never heard of the 'Blow Up Your TV' song.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

thanks James and Roger.
I knew it was called that james but I have never called it by that name. The two John Prine albums I have call it " blow up your TV" Although a dvd I have of him it is called spanish pipedream.

Roger,
You really do have to get a John Prine Album, his songs are just so good. Especially his lyrics.

I would recommend Great days, a double cd. It has all his best songs up to Early 90's or mid 90's or "lost dogs" album from 95 or 96 I tihnk.

A song I am learning just now of his just for the lyrics is " please dont bury me" it starts off

woke up this morning, put on my slippers
walked in the kitchen and died.

Now how good are those two lines? Just as good as the line James mentioned about the topless lady had something up her sleeve.
Roger if you download any mp3s legally ( not that many do these days,lol) go for,
"spanish pipedream" aka blow up your tv
illegal smile
hello in there
sam stone
aint hurtin nobody
please dont bury me
paradise
grandpa was a carpenter

geez oh, the list could go on and on ,lol

ken

not normally a topic i would be interested in, but i think the structure and word choice in this song was very well done, so good job upyerkilt.

All You Need is Love smile

Thanks Ken,

I have just been completeing my education and found John Prine's "Blow Up Your TV" on YouTube and plenty more of his to listen to also. I can copy them from there legally (I think).

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

great song, uyk. me likely the song, me likey the john prine. he playes in santa fe in nov. i cant wait

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

thanks rebel and selso.

And yeah Roger, never thought of youtube,lol. I got quite a few of him in my favourites.

and selso, I am going to go see him in glasgow on the 21st this month. Really looking forward to it.

Ken

hi upyerkilt this reminds me of my eldest grandaughter  she still is a little madam,but good song.stay cool...

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

10 (edited by Old Doll 2007-10-07 12:03:53)

Hi UYK,
This is  a very good topic for a song..I see these girls coming home from our local school most days in uniform.. Same lasses dressed up in the evening,
look like 20 year olds.

As for John Prine? Another guy i want to marry! Dont suppose you have his mobile number? In spite of ourselves, is only one of his many songs i love..
Now he would be the Cherry on my Cake any day.. { Dream on girl}

Good song!

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

thanks old doll.

I promised John I would not give out his number to anyone, lol sorry

I sent a message to you somewhere on the site but i have no idea where. I was asking how you were and not seen ye for a while. But I read a post and saw ye were on holiday. Hope ye had a good time.

Ken

Thanks UYK,
Your Ma had a great time. Ah, you missed me?  You  Must have loads of washing then?  I loved the place so much i enquired about buying a house there.  You best start looking for a good laundromat!!. Lol.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !