Topic: colonel parker: a genious or a crook

The topic about Elvis not coming to Europe was not the"correct" one.So here is the new topic.
I know that "colonel" Parker had issues, born in the NETHERLANDS in a city called Breda, distance about 80-100 Kilometres from where I live (+-60 miles).
Named: Andreas Cornelius (Dries) van Kuijk.
I think he only went to the USA at his 18. In fact he was there illegally, but if that should be 100% true, I am convinced they would put him on a plane.
The relation with Elvis, being his "manager" without a contract, just shaking hands, was that Elvis and Parker were like a married couple. Question was: would Elvis be so "HUGE" without him? OR would he be more famous without that "individual"
After the Army period, I have the impression that Elvis didn't perform no longer.
One of the most important reasons is: back from the army, Parker wanted him only to play in movies and they received a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
This occurred after he came back from the army, and QUESTION: Did he perform the years between THE ARMY and the fat kitsch Elvis we all know from Las Vegas.I was not an Elvis fan, but he was a man who was able to sing with an incredible passion in his voice.
The problem is: MOST OF US WILL REMEMBER HIM NOT as the nice looking young he was before and after the Army period, BUT as a corpulent performer dressed as a "clown".
I must say: I love all the Elvis impersonators.
He ended up like I know now: "WHY". Nice young man, going with his savings to the studio in Memphis owned by SAM PHILLIPS (no relation) to record a song for his mother, he loved so much (probably too much), and leaving with his record and the rest is known.
A person unable top say NO, wanted desperately to be loved by everyone, probably thinking a lot if he was good, not sure about himself, and this ARE THE INGREDIENTS to fall in a depression, or start taking all "medical, legal or illegal, to escape reality.

__________________________________________________________________________________

GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: I WRITE ALWAYS WITH A PARKER

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: colonel parker: a genious or a crook

wouldnt say a crook, just a manipulative greedy swine lol he is/was human after all.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending