Topic: how do u play C G D barre chord?

how do u play C G D barre chord?

Re: how do u play C G D barre chord?

Here some examples for the chords
C in barre: finger on the eight fret, and your fingers placed like you take the E chord.
like this:
x   x   x   x   x   x (fret 7)
o   o   o   o   o   o (finger setting on fret 8 and o stands for finger)
x   x   x   o   x   x  fret 9
x   o   o   x   x   x  fret 10
x   x   x   x   x   x  fret 11
To take the D chord in barre, you do EXACTLY THE SAME, POSITION OF FINGERS BUT now on fret 10, where your finger covers the strings on the 10th fret, followed by the same position of your other fingers: an E chord, just under your finger covering fret 10
G chord, where you cover with your finger the 3th fret and again E like in the other examples. You can do the same for A: finger pushing on the 5th fret, an again the E chord.
I really hope I could help but I will give you a site, where you can find a LOT of chords, you get the standard chord for G, but you will notice normal chords and what they call split-chords.
You will also see, on your screen after you "click" on let's say the A-chord, there is a get it: ckick on it and you will see the chord. BUT you will see on top A, and lower six little things; in fact giving you the opportunity to see 6 different ways to play the A chord.
www.all-guitar-chords.com a very good site to learn chords

GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: YOU SEE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A STRING, AND A WOMAN's STRING

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

C = A form at 3rd fret.
G = E form at 3rd fret.
D = A form at 5th fret.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Hey reddevil,

If I'm reading you're question correctly, you're asking for the G, C, and D barre chord shapes?  If that's the case, just finger the open version of the chord with your 2nd, 3rd, and 4th fingers, and then when you move up a fret, barre any of the open strings with your first finger.  It should look like this:

C shape

e - 1
B -2
G -1
D -3
A -4
E -x

D shape

e -3
B -4
G -2
D -1
A -1
E -x

G shape

e -4
B -1
G -1
D -1
A -2
E -3

Let it be known that I can in no way play any of these in rhythm and I can barely play the G barre at all, lol.  If you haven't mastered the A and E shape barres, I recommend doing those first.

Hope this helped!

Look up the CAGED system of fretting and it should give you 5 ways to play the chord, typically at least 4 being barred.

reddevil, as I wrote go to the site I advised, it is at first a little bit complicated, but you will see that everybody here is 100% correct.
Some chords are better, I mean easier if you play them in different "style".
See Jerome: he gives you exactly the same chords, but the finger positions are different.
So you have to figure out what position suits you the best.
Jerome's chords are easier to change faster than my chords, but I call this more a skill. Try the different ways for your chords in barre, and than you can make conclusions.
________________________________________________________________________________

GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: BARRE IS NOT A BAR in RE

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

WeaserP wrote:

Look up the CAGED system of fretting and it should give you 5 ways to play the chord, typically at least 4 being barred.

Quoted for truth.  The CAGED system roxors.

gitaardocphil wrote:

Jerome's chords are easier to change faster than my chords, but I call this more a skill. Try the different ways for your chords in barre, and than you can make conclusions.

Well, the thing about this C G D progression is that  it's just a IV I V progression in the key of G.   The I IV and V chords of *any* key are always easily available to you within three frets as long as you're playing the E or A shapes.  The I and the IV are available without moving your hand if you're in the E form, and the I and the V are available without moving your hand if you're in the A form.   That's what makes the barre so powerful, particularly for rock and roll and modern pop.

I do agree jerome, I am discovering more and more how you can make easy chords difficult.
I play "at this moment" more acoustic, and I play the regular C A D G ..., but your way to play IS ALSO EASIER ON AN ACOUSTIC GUITAR.
Electric: amazing how easy jumping jack flash is, using POWER chords.
I play pretty well, but as always: I am open for everything, and never to old to learn and that is precisely what is so wonderful here on chordie.
________________________________________________________________________________

GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: POWER TO THE CHORDS