Topic: WRONG WEDDING SONGS TO OPEN THE DANCE

This is a nice topic.
I am curious if they use those songs in the English speaking countries like Great Brittain & the USA.
Here in Europe, most of the people learn English, but a lot of them just listen to the melody, more than the lyrics.
So a list, HOPING YOU ADD MORE:
- Please Release Me  by Englebert Humperdinck
- Baby, I'm gonna leave you by Led Zeppelin
- I will Always Love You by Dolly Parton/Whitney Houston
- Tears In Heaven by Eric Clapton
- Don't Forget To Remember Me by the Bee Gees
_________________________________________________________________________________

GITAARDOCPHIL sais HAVE FUN

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: WRONG WEDDING SONGS TO OPEN THE DANCE

lol, good topic phil, maybe not the right section but still good.

D.I.V.O.R.C.E  by whoever done it ,lol, billy connolly done a version

woman....the human league

hmmm, thats all I can think of right now apart from
Any song from the sex pistols ,lol ,lol ,lol, lol

( also phil, sorry to be pernickity but you mentioned great britain as a country, it is not a country mate, it consists of 3 and a bit countries, a lot of people dont like it getting G.B getting called a country, even the P.M refers it as a country sometimes)

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

"Who Are You?"  The Who
"Hit The Road Jack"
"Worst Day Ever"  Simple Plan
"Shut Up"  Simple Plan
And my all time favourite......"Mary In The Morning"  by Elvis........especially when the brides name is Julie....

"If You Always Do What You've Always Done - You'll Always Get What You've Always Got !"

Hey,
Beauty and The Beast - Celine Dion
24 Hours from Tulsa - Gene Pitney

I can't think of anymore at the moment.

Jikklop

The Irish gave the bagpipes to the Scots as a joke, but the Scots haven't got the joke yet.

gitaardocphil wrote:

This is a nice topic.
I am curious if they use those songs in the English speaking countries like Great Brittain & the USA.
Here in Europe, most of the people learn English, but a lot of them just listen to the melody, more than the lyrics.
So a list, HOPING YOU ADD MORE:
- Please Release Me  by Englebert Humperdinck
- Baby, I'm gonna leave you by Led Zeppelin
- I will Always Love You by Dolly Parton/Whitney Houston
- Tears In Heaven by Eric Clapton
- Don't Forget To Remember Me by the Bee Gees
_________________________________________________________________________________

GITAARDOCPHIL sais HAVE FUN

engleburt humperdink wasn't the original singer of please release me.... im pretty sure it was jim reeves, either him or eddy arnold.
Engleburt humperdink was a country (well sort of) singer who never wrote anything for himself but (much like a wedding singer lol) made his living singing other people's songs..... not that im knocking it hey if you've got a good voice and cant write you know, just thought you might find that interesting. You learn something new everyday lol

All You Need is Love smile

"Baby Got Back" by SirMixAlot
"Ain't Gonna Bump No More With No Big Fat Woman" by Joe Tex
"It's Hard to Kiss the Lips at Night That Chew Your Ass Out All Day Long "by The Notorius Cherry Bombs
"She Hates Me" by Puddle of Mud
"I Hate Everything About You" by Ugly Kid Joe
"You're an A**Hole" by Dennis Leary

Give everything but up.

free bird- lynyrd skynyrd

long as i see the light- CCR (lol my cuz actually wants this one at her wedding)

divorce me C.O.D- um carl something or other....

My hearts the only part of me thats not in love with you- dont remember its a country song

All You Need is Love smile

Watching you--The police, song about stalking

One -- U2 and or Johnny Cash.  A song about relationships breaking up

My ambition far exceeds my ability