Topic: ADAMAS OVATION APPLAUSE

Do I hear a chordion who can give me more information about Ovation.
The Ovation story, that one I know.
But I am an absolute zero about especially OVATION versus APPLAUSE. The only thing I know is that APPLAUSE is an Ovation brand.
They look really nice, sometimes they look almost identical as a real Ovation, but where is the difference?

GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: IS OVATION DESERVING AN APPLAUSE

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: ADAMAS OVATION APPLAUSE

There are many differences in the Applause line including the grade of wood on the top, the bracing, the neck and fretboard.  Applause guitars are fine for what they are - basic, entry level guitars - but don't expect them to compete with a US made Ovation because they won't.  If you're looking for specific differences, you'd have to tell me what Ovation you're comparing it to because they're are many and they each have their own specs.

That's the BIGGEST problem. I was already complaining about all the Fenders, but if you see and count the Ovations, it is a real disaster.
WHY
________________________________________________________________________________

GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: AVOID DISASTERS

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

I'm not sure what you mean - what is the real disaster?  Most makers have several lines - entry level, mid and flagship, top of the line numbers and they all pretty much have their own specs.  If they were all the same, it'd be pretty boring out there, wouldn't it?

a real disaster to CHOOSE

big_smile

The Applause line is an entry level line from Ovation.  Just like the Jasmine series for Takamine.  I have (and had) several Ovations, and I do like the sound.  Of course, it's not a Taylor or a Martin, but the bowl shape back produces a different acoustic sound. 

The Adamas series is probably the best in the Ovation line.  Most of the celebrities (ie Melissa Etheridge) endorses this line.  The electronics are very good and the narrower neck is good for those with small hands and short fingers.  Like me! 

gitaardocphil wrote:

Do I hear a chordion who can give me more information about Ovation.
The Ovation story, that one I know.
But I am an absolute zero about especially OVATION versus APPLAUSE. The only thing I know is that APPLAUSE is an Ovation brand.
They look really nice, sometimes they look almost identical as a real Ovation, but where is the difference?

GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: IS OVATION DESERVING AN APPLAUSE

Hey Phil, I sure hope you're feeling better, that aside I love ovations except, that if it is not an acoustic/electric then you can't put it up to a mic for its round back will make it bellow! Plain acoustically it doesn't have the reverberation that most decent guitars have, I think thats basically because of the fiberglass back doesn't absorb any sound it just bounces all over the inside of the guitar. But the good news is the neck is beautiful and almost never warps and the intonation pretty much stays true. They can be very comfortable to play, because they are light, the down side is they definately have a flat sound. I hope I was of some help. All My Best, Joey E.

I had once an ovation, from the line, better the models coming out once a year since maybe 20 years. The model I had, had a headstock for "electric" and "acoustic" strings. THE BIGGEST problem was, problems with the electronics. After 4 times of bringing her in, she played electro-acoustic again for maybe 2 days, with the money I spend there to repair the guitar, I could buy an APPLAUSE.
It was a bad guitar probably made on a Monday, but I could change this one for a Martin D-15