Topic: Hopefully constructive comment

I am definitely not digging the software upgrade.  Any songs in my songbook that don't have the chords in the later verses or choruses simply run off the page with no breaks or structure when viewed on screen.  That's not helpful.  Rather than making things easier to read, it makes things considerably more difficult.

Not meant to criticize any decisions, as I know new things have to be tried to attempt to have improvement.  I'm just putting it out there assuming that user friendliness is a goal of the site (which it clearly is considering how well run it is) and that it may be useful to the administrators to have user comments. 

Feel free to ignore.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: Hopefully constructive comment

Hi Zurf - I, too have noticed some 'unpleasant side effects' of the recent changes.  The best way to contact Admin (the creative genius who is the wizard behind chordie) is via the 'feedback' doo-hickey on the 'Resources' page (back where the chord chart is located). 

He reads those messages and positively welcomes all constructive criticism.  Send him a note and include links to the songs that have problems.  James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Re: Hopefully constructive comment

totall with you on this zurf,
I have mentioned this twice in the main about chordie section as has other people, so i am sure per is trying to sort this, or hopefully he is trying to.

I found a way to help though for songs you are wanting "nice to look at " fast.

I went into improve song at the bottom, when it goes into the part to edit the song it looks like all the lyrics are on new lines for each line ( if ye know what I mean?)
Well I went to the end of each line and pressed return, so in the edit section it looks like there is a double space inbetween but when it goes back to the song, all the verses are sitting nice again.

hope this helps, I mshould mention this in the main part I suppose,

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending