Topic: importance of practice

for the last week or so I have neglected practicing, big mistake! so last night I picked up my guitar and strummed a few chords and did a few riffs and runs as is my want, when a chord sequence and some words came to me. so I worked on it then recorded the song with several over dubs, guitars mainly and worked out a bass line. boy did my fingers hurt this morning. no bleeding just soreness. just goes to show; you leave playing off for even a short while and you end up with tender finger tips and barre fingers. just thought I'd share. 

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: importance of practice

I have done the same and boy, does it hurt!! You have my sympathy.     

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I wish I had the time to practice.
That was my plan when I retired.... isn't working out that way ! smile     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

4 (edited by Peatle Jville 2023-10-04 23:19:29)

When I started playing guitar again about eight years back after a break of thirty years of not playing it took weeks for my fingers to harden up. I heard Paul Simon say in an interview that he tries to play guitar every day for at least an hour and a half. He then said he found that the more you play your guitar the more it gives back or rewards you.