Topic: A Jazz Tune That might interest Jim

I don't read music but I did play a little bit of keyboards with some  locals guys who can do all that. They were into Jazz but for me its ok to listen to and play in small doses but I find Jazz playing gets a bit self-indulgent very quickly. Now days with my arthurites and health issues my playing has gone out of the window altogether. This was recorded with no vocals just an instrumental I wrote with me on keyboards, the recording guy made it sound better than what it was.  Sadly all the players on here apart from me have passed on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFChr2zB4CY 

Re: A Jazz Tune That might interest Jim

Pedr. An excellent piece of composing. I was surprised to hear an electric piano! Nimble fingers of the guitarist rocked, you know what I mean?
As you know I don't like modern jazz but that was an exception. The video was great also, thanks for the inclusion of the daffodil. I particularly enjoyed the image of the shadow man, very avant-garde which fit in nicely with the jazz music. All in all excellent.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Peatle
Yes Sir !  That was very nice - relaxing music.
The photos and art work by P.J. Shutlar ( is he someone you know? ) were impressive as well.
Thanks for sharing this Peatle !!!     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

4 (edited by Peatle Jville 2023-07-15 12:43:29)

Cheers Piri and Jim for thank you your kind comments. That recording was made back around about 2009. Piri the guitarist he was real good player and so was his brother who played  the bass on there. I can't play the piano and keyboards like that now as I don't have dexterity in my fingers anymore. In hindsight I wish I had given the sax player a bit more to play but the trumpet player and drummer picked it up real good. The sound engineer was bang on and made it sound better than what it was. The painting of a beach was done by Nancy Doughty who was a teacher and artist who also was my Aunty. PJ  Shutlar is a local who I know very well it is the name I use do my art under.