1 (edited by Peatle Jville 2023-07-03 08:24:31)

Topic: Why I think the Beatles music will stay popular.

Even though the Rolling Stones can't get no satisfaction has been a bit a theme tune of my life at times in the past and I also think that the Stones rock and roll chops have been great when they play live. The Beatles still dominate for me. It always even years after hearing the Beatles songs for the first time to hear kids sing them it warms my heart and gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.  Day  8  Easy Beat thank you for giving things a rev up around here your doing good hope some more people come out of the woodwork to post.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDPoG79EwHM

Re: Why I think the Beatles music will stay popular.

one of my favourite videos     

The King Of Audio Torture

As a life long Beatles fan, we'll almost, I must agree with you. I first heard the Beatles on radio Luxembourg playing " my Bonny" in 1962. I didn't find out that it was the Beatles till 1968! But it was one of those hair standing on end moments that will stay with me till I die. The next time that happened was when I heard Abbey Road for the first time. As for the Stones, they sound too much like a bunch of kids with no cohesion. Obviously they have knocked out a few great songs whereas the Beatles have knocked out just two bad ones.
That's my five pennorth.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Peatle

what he said !

There are very few instances that I can ever remember - being with friends and a Beatles song came on - where there was anyone that didn't know it, and didn't like it
The Stones - like what Phill referred to - some great songs - but way too money " recorded for the money" songs - just garbage.

unlike Phill
I can only mange my " 2 cents worth"! smile 

Thanks Peatle for sharing

Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

5 (edited by Peatle Jville 2023-07-03 12:10:52)

Yep Jim and Phill I agree with what you say the Stones are full of rough edges though there are a couple of songs of theirs I really like. I think also what helped make the Beatles great was having George Martin onboard.   The likes of Beatle mania I don't think we will ever see again. Not only the songs but all the merchandise sales like Beatle boots and Beatle Wigs and also spin of things like the cartoon series and so on.  Maybe Elvis or Micheal Jackson are up there but not in a diverse original songwriting way in terms of a mania amongst fans. I guess it must have been the Beatles that inspired the TV people to make the Monkeys into a pop group??

6 (edited by easybeat 2023-07-03 21:56:19)

Im with you on the beatles ,so many great songs .
the stones did some great songs also,i think we tend to put the beatles ahead
because of their range of music eg helter skelter to yellow submarine to hey jude
but we often forget, sympathy for the devil to lady jane to wild horses

The King Of Audio Torture