Topic: INTERESTING STATISTICS

WHAT IS THE "STYLE" YOU USE TO PLAY GUITAR???
- Finger picking (I am jealous here, but it starts slowly going better.
- Solo guitar
- Lead & rhythm
- strumming, using licks and riffs.

CONCLUSION: I am very CURIOUS what style of playing the guitar is most popular for us, chordians. ALSO, what is your dream to play which style. Mine is finger picking.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: INTERESTING STATISTICS

Well I'm mostly a strummer with a few fill in riffs and licks, but I do a pick and finger style of picking sometimes.
i'd love to play more lead and rythym, and i WISH i could play solo.... I have a dream sometimes that I'm on stage with my red guitar and I'm just tearin' it up boy on some song thats a cross between a muddy waters intro and free bird, then all of a sudden my amp goes off.....

All You Need is Love smile

i mostly try to fingerpick because thats the hardest for me to do.  my girlfriend says i listen to too much john prine.  as far as guitar goes i go for lead but i think that comes from my back ground as a bass player, all those scales and stuff

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

I am a strummer.
I try finger plucking but quite bad so I try to avoid that.
Strum stru mstrum for me.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

I am in fact a strummer too, LET STRUMMERS RULE.
I admit that more and more, I try to play "docphil finger picking style". Why this name: because it is something between strumming and fingerpicking, maybe STRUMPICKING?
THAT IS ALSO THE REASON THAT I AM NOT FOLLOWING CLASS TO PLAY BETTER.

THIS doesn't mean that I feel superior, absolutely not. Even players like Steve Vai are learning every single day. But I NEED TO THANK CHORDIE, for all the open, honest and interesting information, because when I read answers on topics, in my case, I learn a lot from young people, so Itry different styles. Compared to January, when I became a member and now: I can tell you: there is progression.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

yeah i've got to say that since i joined up I can see huge improvements in my playing. Having never had any kind of lessons, or really even knowing a real good player who could help me out, I've been like a sponge trying to soak up everything there is to learn from everybody here.
Its been officially four years now since I first picked up a guitar and I feel like I was kind of at a standstill till just within these last few months ive stepped onto a whole 'nother level of learning the ins and outs of the guitar.

guitardocphil, the fact that you've been playing so long and feel like there's still more to learn gives me even more ambition to learn as much as I can. It also makes me glad to know that no matter how long I play there'll always be something else I can improve on....

All You Need is Love smile

Phil and rebel

Those two last posts are probably nearly the best posts I have read relating to chordie.

If ever there was an advertisement for chordie, these two posts get my vote!1
A truthful post without trying to promote anything, that is the best kind of thing to say about anything.

I dont know if I have got better at playing but I have learned quite a bit from reading advice from people, even from things others have asked and others have replied.

It is good to know the forum is doing what I think the intent was for!
We can have general chit chat and friendly advice. Good advice !! from the more experienced players that want to share their wisdom fo playing.
Without the chordians this forum would be full of nonsense and spam and junk with the occasion serious post, but it has went the right way, more serious posts and the occasional nonsense.

While I am typing this I cannot even remember what the topic actually is ( I have went off on one and cannot shut up now,lol)

oh yeah ( had to look ) styles of playing! strumming!! a good song about that,lol, strummerville
Not really about strumming but a dedication to Joey strummer from the clash. Wrote by Jake Burns ( stiff little fingers) on how Joey inspired him and more to play and be in a band.
( sorry, I keep plugging Jake and SLF, I really dont want to, just canny help myself)

ok, topic of conversation must continue..........

I am still a strummer trying to pick with two fingers

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending