Topic: Country song

SO here's one i wrote at like 2 in the morning so I figgered I see how it did under the light of day. I'd like to say this is a very personal song inspired by my own experiences.... but its actually just some words that popped in my head when i couldn't sleep so anyway here it goes. (kind of a classic country hank williamsish sound..)

G                   C
Your Sweet ways

G
Were just a lie

D
I can see it in your eyes

C
i knew deep down

G
You'd never love me
                             D               G           
And i don't know why i even try

CHORUS:
G                             C
YOu've got hungry eyes

G
For things that I can't give you

D
I knew I'd never keep you satisfied

G
And though Im blue

Em
Lord unto dyin'

G           D           G
I can't say that I'm surprised

Like a lonely bird I am crying

Now that you are gone

And it don;t stop the tears from falling

That i knew this would happen all along

I wrote this verse too but i don;t know if i want to keep it or not...

i'm Watching you now with another
But I knew that you would leave me from the start
But like a fool, I fell for you
And like the thing I knew you were you broke my heart

All You Need is Love smile

2 (edited by jets60 2007-08-26 01:59:39)

Re: Country song

Hey Reb - I'd keep it, that last verse I mean - It kind of ties the story up and brings it to a sad country ending if you know what I mean. I don't know about the title though, maybe something thats more specific to the song because Country song is kind of a generic and the song isn't in my opinion. I kind of like the last line of your chorus for the title. What do you think? I'm also a big Hank fan so I love your chords.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Hi Rebel
your have all the elements of a nice country song. See you slipped in an Em in there. smile.

Well done

Ark

jets60 wrote:

Hey Reb - I'd keep it, that last verse I mean - It kind of ties the story up and brings it to a sad country ending if you know what I mean. I don't know about the title though, maybe something thats more specific to the song because Country song is kind of a generic and the song isn't in my opinion. I kind of like the last line of your chorus for the title. What do you think? I'm also a big Hank fan so I love your chords.

lol country song isn't the title, i just put that because its A country song. I Really hadn;t even put a lot of thought into a title yet, but yeah I like the idea about using the last line of the chorus... kind of reminiscent of some of Hank's stuff actually.

I say keep it. really great song .

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

6 (edited by Zurf 2007-08-29 15:15:31)

Keep the last verse.  It brought to my mind Patsy Cline singing "Walking After Midnight" for some reason.  Any song that brings Patsy Cline to mind has got to be good.   

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Hi Last rebel,
I do like this and feel you should leave add the last verse! it does tie it up..
Neat song. I go half way around the world in my songs. I need to condense them more as you have!
Well Done

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

thanks for all the compliments yall smile
Old Doll, its funny because i write as much as i can and then usually don't end up with more than two verses.... in some ways i wish i COULD go around the world when i wanted to but my creative bursts are usually short and sweet lol