1 (edited by motomad 2007-08-23 15:22:35)

Topic: NEW STRINGS

Ive just replaced all 6 strings on my electric guitar.Played individually they sound great, but while strumming im getting what i can only describe as a buzz off the strings..IVE PUT MY FINGERS NEARER THE FRET BARS, BUT IT DOESNT SEEM TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE..The new strings are Ernie ball light custom gauge nickel wound...can anyone advice me please....

despaired ! ian

Ride Safe!

Re: NEW STRINGS

Probably just not broken in, strings tend to make a twangy sound until they're broken in.

You have to forget about what other people say; when you're supposed to die, when you're supposed to be lovin'. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.
                                                        -James Marshall Hendrix

It can be 1 and/or 2 things;
1) Your strings aren't wound tight enough (tune to standard 440A).
2)Your instrument has acclimated itself to a heavier guage string. If increasing the tension of the strings doesn't help. Try a using heavier guage string.

That's all I can conclude at this moment.

Give everything but up.

Also it seems to me it takes longer for strings to become broken in the lighter the gauge is

You have to forget about what other people say; when you're supposed to die, when you're supposed to be lovin'. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.
                                                        -James Marshall Hendrix

Thanks for the advice...

Ride Safe!