Topic: Finally back up and singing

Last night I did a set at a local venue ,to see how my voice held up .Glad to say all went well and the audience loved the songs .All though it was only 15 mins  I was pleased my voice lasted . Time to get some propped gigs booked for  the new year.

Re: Finally back up and singing

Grah, good to hear your  getting back on the horse again..

That's good news. You've been recovering from whatever it was that got you down in the first place for a long time. I bet it felt great to sing a little.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Graham
So glad you are back on the circuit.  WE have certainly missed you here on Chordie as well.

I don't know if you remember doing my song called "Girlfirends" , but  I used it in a video and played it for groups of middle school children  and High school students when we were discussing drug addiction in my classes.  They all loved your cover of the song !

Welcome back my friend and continue on the path to great health.

JIm

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Glad you are back in the saddle and hoping that from here you go from strength to strength.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Welcome back to reality. Once you've had a taste of performing it's a hard thing to stop doing. I know that after my shoulder thing then I lost my voice it took me months to get back to playing live and even after getting back a month or so ago, I still can't be bothered to phone agents or venues. I suppose I've enjoyed the good life for too long...you want to see my beer belly,  it's grown to immense proportions.

As I've said before take it easy. I should listen to my own advice, I've got a 3 hour gig tonight.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Thanks for the support guys. Jim I'll send you an email re the drug addiction thing which you may be able to include in your classes

Welcome back Grah1,  glad to see your on the road to recovery vocally and health wise smile

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Hope your recovery keeps moving in a positive direction, Graham ... and you get a big "Atta boy!" for the effort.