1 (edited by Peatle Jville 2017-11-09 05:19:13)

Topic: Time To Bloom

A poem about navigating changes in circumstances after a discussion I had with two differant young  people. They are both looking forward to next year with a bit of nervousness thrown in.  They are thinking  about  flying out of thier  family nests  and taking on the world in the New Year. It is now Springtime  in New Zealand and they willl be making their life changing move in summer.

Time To Bloom
All the seeds sown in me.
About to germinate.
Earth circling on it's  axis
Aligns with the sun.
Bursting light through dark clouds.
Creating tears of joy.
Droplets  sprinkling me. 
Time  to burst out and   sprout.
Under the sun's spotlight..
No longer a spectator.
Waiting for my show..
My time my time.
To  grow,

Sunlight and water.
Sunlight and wind.
Sunlight in the stillness.
Dark nights getting shorter.
No  better time to be me.

Sitting in familiar fertile soil .
Sits my anxious roots.
No longer  looking for comfort.
Just change and posibilities.
Uncomfortable, mixed emotions
overthinking what will  be.
Springtime turning the spotlight
The spotlight on me.
Sunlight, sunlight , pulling at me.
Sunlight  sunlight.
lifting me.
Time for me  to break through.

Sunlight and water.
Sunlight and wind.
No better time to be me..

I'm branching out and flowering.
My limbs  getting stronger.
Empowering me  
Clearing out the rubbish.
That's trying to cling to me. 

Sunlight and water.
Sunlight and wind.
No better time to be me.

Re: Time To Bloom

That's really, really good, Peatle ... incredibly vivid. Today's media is bombarding our young folks with so much global negativity, that many are losing hope. Again, I'm amazed at how well you create images with words.

Love it Peatle.

The line ... " no better time to be me"   is a classic !
Wish I had thought of that ! smile

Great Job

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Crackerjack Peatle. You know how to express your thoughts into vivid and explicit writing. I think it's the mark of a good writer if they can put themselves into their characters position. Well done.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Peatle
Another insightful look @ life.
this poem is topnotch.

The King Of Audio Torture

A+ from me Peatle, well written and definately paints a picture with words.  Liking your poetry very much smile

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

7 (edited by Peatle Jville 2017-11-10 07:19:27)

Thank you everyone for your kind coments. I am impressed by the number of young people I, meet  who rather than just fit in for the sake of fitting in, are trying  to stand out in good positive ways. Though we are told, on the downside  we here in New Zealand also have the highest recorded rate of youth suicide per capita in the developed world. ..  The population of our country is about four million.  In a normal week two teenagers or two children kill themselve.  About 20 young people will be hospitalised for self-harm each week, it is estimated.

you are so good at poems and songwriting. you are an actually talented songwriter. and your love for your country is just awesome.

CLipping path house provides all kind of image editing services like image retouching, image masking, raster to vector and all kind of clipping path service.

9 (edited by Peatle Jville 2017-12-03 07:26:47)

clippingpath thank you for your kind words.  Within every family is a good story or song. Everyone has a gift or talent.