Topic: VERY VERY NOSY

I, and most of us, never asked the question: ARE THERE CHORDIAN'S, MEMBERS or VISITORS who are real professional musicians, who can live a very good life thanks to their skill, talent and courage. I told it already, we see and dream about the fact to become a star (who knows), but are there stars on CHORDIE?
The dark side of being a star is the same as for a carpenter, or a lawyer: work, work and work.
Practise, try outs, disputes, making a song like in "grandmothers way".
This brings me to the fact:
- If you are busy in a serious way to try to catch your dream, how do you work? It is completely different now, than 10-15 tears ago. Do you record everything you play (acoustic, some fantastic devices like H4, with great mics), and how do you work, what do you do: playing in a group: contacting each other, let's say a week later to see who wrote what, and if you have 30 songs, how do you manage this.?)

TRUE OR FALSE: I heard and read that the song "SATISFACTION" by the ROLLING STONES, was originally a ballad (like they used to write at that time, Ruby Tuesday, Lady Jane), but that a producer, I'm not sure, changed it in an up tempo song, a rock song, as we all know today.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: VERY VERY NOSY

I like to pretend I'm Eddie Van Halen.  Does that count?

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

I'm not a star but I've known a few.  A good buddy of mine is a gigging musician at night and business executive during the day and a dad and husband first and foremost.  I don't know how he does it, but I don't think he's slept since sometime in the mid-80's. 

I never want to be a star either.  Crappy life.  If you like travelling so much that you need a GPS unit by your bed to tell you where you are when you wake up, I guess it'd be OK.  Not something I'd care for much.  I'm glad there's folks out there with that dream though, because I surely do enjoy the music. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

i pretend i'm roy orbison but an oversized one ha ha

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

gitaardocphil wrote:

TRUE OR FALSE: I heard and read that the song "SATISFACTION" by the ROLLING STONES, was originally a ballad (like they used to write at that time, Ruby Tuesday, Lady Jane), but that a producer, I'm not sure, changed it in an up tempo song, a rock song, as we all know today.

Doc,

i can answer this knowing I m answering correctly.

No, it was never a ballad nor suppose to be one. I have an interview with Keef. He played it the way they first wrote it on an acoustic guitar. It was a very bluesy tune, nothing like the electric distorted uitar sound that it got recorded as.
He laughed after he played part of it and said that is how they first done it, then the record company producer produced it to the sound it has.
without the tallents of record producers we would not hear most songs as we hear them. But then I do like to hear the raw original way a song was first thought up of, but without me seeing that interview I would be none the wiser to satisfaction.

Also ( a bit of subject but on the subject of demos), DAvid Bowie's demo of ziggy just proves it can sound so bad yet so good, then give it to the hands of a producer and ye have a hit.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

6 (edited by gitaardocphil 2007-08-07 08:28:35)

But dear Majesty, it was in fact that kind of satisfaction, I read. An original, bluesy and slower number, "messed or not messed up" by producers. I was told that KEEF wasn't really pleased with the result

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

yeah, slower and bluesy but not a ballad.
I cant remember though if he did say he didnt ike the result, but i remember him laughing. I wuld have to watch it again sometime ( if  ican ever find the disc in my pile of kack in my 3 boxes i have not unpacked from moving 8 months ago,lol)

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

daddycool, now I understand about who the song "I am the great pretender" goes. Roy Orbison has written and performed "evergreens", but I was told that he didn't have the looks, being more fat, than people like Jerry Lee Lewis and Presley.