Topic: ASTRONOMY DOMINE

I was listening to the song Astronomy Domine, by PINK FLOYD.
On a certain moment, there is a kind of solo in that song.
I REALLY DIDN'T KNOW THAT COLDPLAY PLAYED ALSO WITH PINK FLOYD.
Check it out, I think the Coldplay song can be CLOCKS

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: ASTRONOMY DOMINE

Hi DOCPHIL,

and good day to you! I dont understand what you mean when you say
" Coldplay songs can be Clocks?"    Can You explain please?.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

If you have the Pink Floyd song ASTRONOMY DOMINE, let the song play, and about 2 minutes later there is a little solo, I couldn't believe my ears, because almost exactly the same solo is ised in a COLDPLAY song, and I think the song is called Glocks or Clocks.
SO EVERY PINK FLOYD FAN: LISTEN TO THE GUITARSOLO IN THE SONG: "Astronomy Domine"

That was what I wanted to say, by writing that I didn't know that Coldplay played already back in the sixties with Pink Floyd

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Yes DocPhil,
I have listened to it! Message understood!

Thank You!

Old Doll.

DID you hear the solo by GILMOUR followed by the COLDPLAY solo?
It is a very short solo, but it is in my ears sounding 100% similar.
Amazing what you can find if you start listejning very carefully. It always starts with a question like, where did I hear that little solo?
I am convinced that even PF are not aware about this. Maybe we can contact them, hoping that it becomes a juridical case, and ask them about 25% because we helped them?

Evening DocPhil,

Yes i did hear the Solo and your are right! If you also listen to "Pink Floyd, San Diego.94 Its nearly the whole intro! I also did not know He played with them?
When i asked About Clocks? i was thinking of one of  Coldplays  Other songs
"Fix you" My mistake...
I happen to like this song! But the saddest version has to be " Young @ heart
sing, Fix you!  Its a strong reminder we all get old and broken with time!
Now on that reminder! wheres my glad rags and make up kit, this Old Doll is hitting the hot spots tonight!
Have a good evening RockDoc, as this Old Doll will. No Doubts!
Dont forget to pick up the 25% you earned it!

Old Doll.

I discovered this by accident, being very busy with Pink Floyd. I am sure it was not their intention, and how old were they, not even born at that time, more it's even not an intro or that kind of solo you would remember at the spot, it lasts for only 10 seconds.
There we go again, discussing about strings and chords, there are only 7 main chords, and the minor and the 7th chords.
I even know more than 1 group, having big hits, using only 3-4 chords.
THE BIG MASTER HERE IS ROBERT ZIMMERMAN, beautiful songs and only 3-4 chords.

DOCPHIL,
He was and is another GREAT! I would love to be able to write like him...
So many of his songs i loved!  "Things have Changed" Tangled Up in Blue"
"Forever young"   A wee bit like yourself  Doc  "Peter Pan" lol  My sister and i used to sing and harmonize Forever Young".

Another Group i loved was "The Kinks and Ray Davies" I was only playing there stuff today while i worked. what did you think of them as a group.? or were you to young to enjoy them?

Slán
Old Doll

DocPhil,

I saw your review of a Cyber Twin on Musician's friend and noticed you are living in Brussels. I also own a cyber twin and will be moving to Brussels at the end of August. Will it be practical to use my U.S. model in Belgium (electric current and what not). I love this amp! resale value is crap and I don't know if I could afford a new one in Europe.

Thank you for your time.

Well dear friend RoxusMaximus, where do you live now?
You are welcome at my place, in the mean time I just purchased a hopefully, splendid device, to TRY if I am able to hear my songs: BOSS BR 600.
Concerning the CYBERTWIN, well I am glad you have one too. I am sure it has to be possible, but I am afraid you will need an adaptor.
I'll try to figure it out.
I send you a mail in a few moments.