Topic: one more day

this one started with the first two lines, it just kind of sat there for a few days then I sitting around playing with it and it
just kind of came together when I threw out the chords I started with and completely changed them
https://soundcloud.com/mojo01/one-more-day

G                                      C                  G
good times come and good times go
         C                  G               D
like a favorite song on the radio
G                                   C                          G
sometimes you win sometimes you loose
            C                   G                D             G
sometimes you just have to pay your dues

chorus
C                                                         G         
because there aint no sure things in this life
C                                 G     
everything is just a roll of the dice
C                             G                          C
so let the chips    fall where they may
G                                  D                  G
and just be happy for one more day

sometimes you sing sometimes you cry
sometimes you just have to wonder why
sometimes you love sometimes you hate
sometimes you just have to tempt your fate

chorus

sometimes she goes sometimes she stays
sometimes your feet just turn to clay
were you right or were you wrong
you only know that now shes gone

chorus

some days you smile some days you frown
when your world is upside down
but the sun will always rise again
and this old world will always spin

chorus X2

out of tune out of key and out of touch

Re: one more day

Really enjoyed it, played bass along too and the words are well written and the story rings true. All in all a great song.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

3 (edited by TIGLJK 2016-11-04 10:12:23)

Mojo

This is one of your best MOJO !!!! This is great - ought to be on the radio !
Thanks for sharing.

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Great song. I liked the way you played it and the lyrics fit together real nice. I just wrote two new ones. first one just rolled out, the second is hung up on the chorus. I'm going to let it soak for a week or so and then go back and try to rework the chorus. Keep writing jewels like this one.

Great song. The words remind me of a Bob Dylan type of song, and I mean that as a complement. I enjoy listening to you sing your songs.

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

6 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2016-11-05 00:13:02)

You've touched on something that worried me since the day I signed on here, CG (do you mind the "CG", or should I use the whole name?). Do our friends mind if we tell them their sound is reminiscent of, say a Dylan, Lightfoot, Baez, Brickell, etc. etc.? If I remember correctly from a long ago post, the ones who answered did not and  considered it a compliment.

However, there are those among our company who have their own sound and style and are too modest to point it out (not that I have seen, anyway), so I guess that's for the listener to determine. smile

So our friends are cool with our compliments in my opinion and you and I can rest easy. (I HOPE ----- HAHAHAHA)

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

I did honestly believe it as a compliment. Thanks Strummerboy Bill for mentioning it. I never considered that Mojo  might take it wrong. And Mojo I honestly never intend to offend anyone and if I did I apologize to you. Bob Dyan has never been a great singer but he  did write many great songs, and enough to get a Noble for his writing.

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

Classical Guitar wrote:

I did honestly believe it as a compliment. Thanks Strummerboy Bill for mentioning it. I never considered that Mojo  might take it wrong. And Mojo I honestly never intend to offend anyone and if I did I apologize to you. Bob Dyan has never been a great singer but he  did write many great songs, and enough to get a Noble for his writing.

call me anything you like just don't call me late to supper
i truly appreciate the compliments and being compare to a reluctant nobel prize winner is well, all i can say is thanks

out of tune out of key and out of touch

9 (edited by Peatle Jville 2016-11-05 07:44:48)

Mojo you have made a song that I enjoy because, simply it works in a clever way by being  catchy and easy to remember. It also makes a statement about having fun with life's setbacks.  A go to  song  that rings in your head when you want to uplift yourself  at times when things are not working out.  People who read this post,  make sure you give this song a listen.  To me this song has legs which will should take it to all sorts of people around this world.

I like that the meter stays consistent and while the message cuts to philosophy, the lyrics are easy to understand.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Mojo you're a star at writing simple easy listening tunes along with lyrics that seem to fit in and have some meaning. Another great tune with great lyrics and very well sung,  Congratulations.

Thick as two short planks

Moj
i agree with all the above,you seem to have taken it to another level with your latest two songs.
Just goes to prove simple is best! also a great performance.

The King Of Audio Torture

You nailed it once again Mojo ............. liked everything about this song ............. very catchy!

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan