Topic: Burnt my fingers.

Burnt my fingers last thursday the night before a gig. Burnt my left index and ring fingers on the tips when i fell pissed on a fire. Think theres a lesson to be learned here. Can't think what it is though. Went through with the gig btw, it was a double set, one with bass and the other with six-string. Hurt like buggery. yikes

Re: Burnt my fingers.

Hi
Playing through the pain that's dedication.
Every artist  must suffer for his  art it's written some where.
Though self inflicted injuries illicit no sympathy.lol:

Ark

That sounds extrememely painful - I shall make a mental note not to fall onto any fires.
I know a professional musician who was so worried about hurting his hands that he won't shake hands or do anything that is even remotely physical - weird but true.  James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

I'm considering being paranoid about my fingers now.

got some pictures btw:

The morning after
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/4125/blisterev7.th.jpg

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/3338/blister2th0.th.jpg

Theres one of me grimacing at the gig too:

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/714/dscf0193np7.th.jpg

oh my life!!!!
good job you were pissed really.
my lovely daughter says    OUCH!

Aloe Vera is the best thing you can put on burns, followed by neat Lavender oil.

Not that you are prob gonna carry it 'round with you knowing you are gonna fall into the fire.

Well done for playing tho, if you can get hold of either of the above they really will help, even at this stage.

Nutter!!!! LOL

aka ......   Boxer Petal....<3

eugh, how horrid tongue

lol!

Ten drops of Essential Lavender Oil  mixed in an egg cup of water! When burns occur. Mix well and apply! Guaranteed no blisters! Greatest healing properties. Check out "Gattafosse"
I would not  be without it in my kitchen or holiday bag!

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Both the blisters have gone down mostly now. I'm plastering them with savlon every so often. I've got band practice later today so i hope they've healed enough. Seems not bad, been playing ukulele a little bit and it doesn't hurt much anymore.

Thanks for all the remedies, i'll wander round tesco later looking for some aloe vera or lavender oil.

Kieranhughes!

NEVER PUT UNDILUTED ESSENTIAL  OILS DIRECTLY ON TO THE SKIN!

They must be blended first! WITH ALMOND OIL/ WATER/ OR  CREAM!

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

There are, similar to "condoms" very thin rubber fingers, and you HAVE TO OPEN those burn blisters, desinfect them, because once open: danger for infection. The normal treatment is, don't open it because as long as it remains closed, you avoid infections. Of course this is the exception, so once open, try to protect them, there are even sprays you can use as a band-aid, because they close the wound, and you avoid contact with germs. You need also to find a kind of band-aid, but still allowing you to feel. I hope your guitarstrinhs are not thick.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Last week the lid on my grill landed on my right hand and I got a bunch of second-degree burns on my fingers. Being my right hand that was damaged, I can still play guitar without pain, but I'm right-handed so everything else is a bit harder. :-\ Silver Sulfadiazine works great against infections.

I also hear that rubbing Vitamin E on a wound helps heal it faster. If you have Vitamin E gel caps, just puncture a hole in it with a toothpick or something.

lol trying to pee into the fire... you oughta write a song about that and play it at your next gig. Seriously though looks like it hurt. I sliced my thumb open on a pocket knife one time and had to play with the next sunday... talk about hurt

All You Need is Love smile

Try to play guitar, not touching your strings, while another guitarist is playing behind the scene.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Hey,
I did something like that once. Except stupider.
You know the little lighter in your car? I was trying to figure out how to charge it (because I was bored!) and ended up half doing that. So you couldn't tell if it was hot or not. Anyway, I put my thumb on it. Felt like a right dork afterwards. Wrapped it in band-aids. It looked similar to yours, not as swollen though.
My little brother is starting bass, and he's absolutely tearing his fingers apart!
He'll be fine though.
Sorry for the long post!
Jikklop

The Irish gave the bagpipes to the Scots as a joke, but the Scots haven't got the joke yet.

ha, ouch, i had another gig that i played horribly injured. I had a broken wrist, which was broken in a similiarly stupid way.

found a picture actually:

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/6892/kieranfw6.th.jpg

You can kinda make a black cast wround my left wrist