Topic: NGD was Sunday!

While waiting on my sons drum teacher (who never showed cause he got his schedule mixed up but we got a free lesson out of him) I happen to look in the acoustic room and found this beauty, left over from a "garage sale" of overstock and lightly used gear.  My Kamen is really too expensive to repair, so its a keepsake and ill try some Frankenstein repairs.

Welcome the new A/E with tuner and eq single cutaway TAK to the Metalizers man cave.  It was such a great deal!  Dangerous having cash in your pocket. big_smile

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m321/beamer326/new%20tak.jpg?t=1473657578

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: NGD was Sunday!

Congratulations. Nothing like a NGD. Be careful. It can be addictive

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

3 (edited by Tenement Funster 2016-09-13 08:27:38)

Nice find, Beamer ... I love the sound and feel of my Takamine, and they certainly build solid guitars. Their compensated saddles are a simple proprietary innovation that really helps with intonation.

Tenement Funster wrote:

Nice find, Beamer ... I love the sound and feel of my Takamine, and they certainly build solid guitars. Their compensated saddles are a simple proprietary innovation that really helps with intonation.

I was just noticing that....I have never seen a Tak saddle up close I guess. Cool!

NICE! Happy NGD! Hope you can bring her to CSV!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Happy NGD.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Happy NGD, I have two Takamines one is a small size and the other a a/e 72 series both great sounding guitars. Good buy for you.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

So the tag on this one said MSRP was like 600 something, found it on Musicians friend listed at 429.  my buy was 300 w/ tax,  so 129 savings still aint bad! LOL  here are the specs
With deluxe appointments, solid-top construction and great performance features including a Venetian-style cutaway and Takamine electronics system, the GD51CE is built to bring your music center stage. Ready for the demands of any performance situation, the GD51CE features a solid spruce top and rosewood back and sides that produce a big, bold sound.

The slim mahogany neck and 12 - radius bound rosewood fingerboard provides great feel and playability, while the onboard Takamine TP-4TD preamp system gives you a built-in tuner with 3-band EQ and gain controls for rock-solid amplified performance and versatility. Other quality appointments of the GD51CE include a synthetic bone nut and split bridge saddle, rosewood headcap, abalone rosette and mother-of-pearl dot inlays, gold die-cast tuners and a beautiful gloss finish.
Body Finish: Gloss
Body Shape: Dreadnought Cutaway
Bracing: Quartersawn "X"
Body Back: Rosewood
Body Sides: Rosewood
Body Top: Solid Spruce
Neck Material: Mahogany
Neck Finish: Gloss
Scale Length: 25.4" (644mm)
Fingerboard: Rosewood
Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305mm)
Number of Frets: 20
String Nut: Synthetic Bone
Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.8mm)
Position Inlays: Mother-of-Pearl Dot
Special Electronics: Takamine TP-4TD Preamp with Built-In Tuner
Bridge: Rosewood
Hardware Finish: Gold
Tuning Machines: Gold Die-Cast
Strings: D'Addario EXP 16 Coated Phosphor Bronze (.012-.053 Gauges) ** will be changed as the ones on it are showing usage.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

Sounds like you got a great guitar and deal I love my Two My Jumbo sounds fantastic plugged into an amp and without an amp.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Beautiful guitar!

I have a Takamine that my wife gave me as a gift last year,  and until today, never realized the saddle design.  I guess that means I'm not playing it enough.
Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Do what's right. If you have to think about it, it's probably wrong.

Gidday Beamer
nice guitar,i wonder what song of the mth would sound like on it(hint hint)

The King Of Audio Torture

12 (edited by beamer 2016-09-15 09:58:46)

I don't know, the selections have not really. Inspired me that much ,  I keep looking though.

beamer wrote:

I don't know, the selections have not really. Inspired me that much ,  I keep looking though.

Metalize them.  Acoustic metal folk.  You could be a genre progenitor. 

That reminds me, I heard a guy's music in a pub that I think you'd like.  I should have paid him an extra $10 and picked up two of his CD's so I could send one to you.  I didn't think that fast at the pub.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

If you have one, rip it, put it in drop box and ill listen or you can put it om google cloud and share the links with me smile

Zurf wrote:
beamer wrote:

That reminds me, I heard a guy's music in a pub that I think you'd like.  I should have paid him an extra $10 and picked up two of his CD's so I could send one to you.  I didn't think that fast at the pub.

Gotta be able to play them first! LOL

beamer wrote:
Zurf wrote:
beamer wrote:

Gotta be able to play them first! LOL

This may inspire you, Beamer. Ben Woods describes his blend of flamenco-style / heavy-metal arrangements as "Flametal". Here's his version of "Holy Wars" by Megadeth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNQnWbUWAMw

17 (edited by beamer 2016-09-19 08:24:05)

Thanks TF! 
and for everyone else today (a Sunday later) Its home and Man dose it play nice!  Also picked up a pretty thick soft case today for 40 bucks also (it says Yamaha on it, but Ill find a TAK patch to put over it LOL) Here is the its real  cause there are pics part.  Yea they are big again since  I didn't copy and resize them.  This is my small side yard and back "yard" slope.  Two more steps back and I would be feet over tea kettle down a rough ride to the catch basin creek.

https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/l/t1.0-9/14344271_10211014289972478_4136404667187653149_n.jpg?oh=940e236196bdfb07adf5cc515d761dd4&oe=5872DB4D
https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/l/t1.0-9/14333566_10211014291092506_4159868205305979851_n.jpg?oh=4cdced7ed7c690204ae14019bfd8c9ec&oe=5876ED77
https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14333179_10211014349453965_3146836860058002364_n.jpg?oh=6cde8e3f3c8e4d110482bf9133d59a85&oe=587BB282

Atta boy, Beamer ... nice looking axe, indeed!

From the first photo, it looks like your Tak has the same pickup-preamp system as mine ... quite good, I find. BTW, I love your acoustic / electric T-shirt ... very cool.