- Come, Talk to Me:                             Peter Gabriel
- I Don't Wanna Talk About It:              Rod Stewart
- Talk, Talk                                         Talk Talk
- Don't Speak                                      No Doubt
- We gotta Talk                                    Jennifer Lopez
- Silence is Golden                               Tremelous/ Frank Valli
- Gimme Some Truth                            John Lennon
- Give Peace a Chance                          John Lennon
- Revolution                                          John Lennon (BEATLES)
- Shaddap Your Face                             Joe Dolce

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: FUNNY FACTS 8

I can't always remember the name of this song. I think it's called Peacemaker.
" Shut up, dam it. Close the door don't slam it. I'd like to be alone awhile to give my nerves a rest."

I'd love to knock the hell out of you - Hank Williams Jnr
Independance Day - Martina McBride
Move it on over - Hank Williams  / Travis Tritt
Goodbye Earl - Dixie Chicks
Copacabana - Barry Manilow
D.I.V.O.R.C.E - Tammy Wynette or the better one by Billy Connoly

Gutar Player, Singer, Entertainer  - At least in my own mind.

this is my speciality, I am at home the whole day, and it is AMAZING, what you can read, if it's gossip, I check it out, before posting it.
But all those facts are 100% right (at least 99%), and sometimes reading these facts, you learn to understand better the musician.
With "my speciality" I don't mean that I have a monopoly here.
I would really love similar topics. You write the topic, you can use facts 233,or whatever.
These are more serious, but I am working, it really takes a lot of time on other facts

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Sitting at a Bar - Rehab

Probably the best/most fun drinking song for me

You have to forget about what other people say; when you're supposed to die, when you're supposed to be lovin'. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.
                                                        -James Marshall Hendrix

fisrt year blues- hank sr.
woman i hate it- waylon jennings
your sqaw's ont he war path- loretta lynn

DAVID: those were some good ones love that bocephus one
'but country music doesn't have to be about trains or trucks or gettin' drunk...' lol

All You Need is Love smile

NO woman, no cry, BOB MARLEY: I used this expression very often wheb problems

Hi Last_rebel,

Bocephus (Hank Williams Jr for the uninitiated) claimed that "I'd love to knock the hell out of you" was the perfect country & western song. Even better than David Allan Coe's "You never even called me by my name"

here are some more Dispute songs

Ruby (don't take your love to town) - Kenny Rodgers
Your gonna miss me when I'm gone - Brooks and Dunn

and just for a bit of variety non county songs

Delilah - Tom Jones (or for the scots amongst us the sensatiobnal alex Harvey band)
Sylvia's Mother - Dr Hook
dancing with tears in my eye's - Ultravox
Don't go breaking my heart - Elton John and Kiki Dee

What do you think is the perfect C&W song?

David

hmmm...... thats a good question. I think its probly somethin' by Hank Sr., maybe Your Cheatin' Heart or You Win Again. Then again it COULD be any of these awesome songs:

whiskey bent and hell bound- another one by old thunderhead hawkins
long haired country boy- charlie daniels
are you sure hank done it this way- waylon jennings
folsom prison blues- johnny cash

Im thinking there should be some willie nelson and merle haggard on the list but i dont have time to think it out right now... how 'bout you?

WHO IS "BOCEPHUS"?

11 (edited by last_rebel 2007-08-11 17:56:30)

Hank Williams Jr. is the son of HAnk WIlliams Sr who gave him the nick name so he goes by it . SOmetimes goes by Thunderhead Hawkins too but I don't really know the reason behind that one

Oh yeah and in case you dont know Hank WIlliams Sr. was one of the most famous country singers of all time... sang your cheatin' heart, im so lonesome i could cry.
I just read that he had spinebifeda.... wierd huh?

The perfect C&W song for me ahs to be one of the following. (Depending entirely on my mood at the time)

Jolene - Dolly Parton
I'm so lonesome I could cry - Hank Snr
A Cowboy's got to ride - Chris LeDoux
She loved a lot in her time - George Jones
I walk the line - Johnny Cash
Mamma dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys - Willie & Waylon
Boulder to Birmingham - Emmylou Harris

As I said depends on my mood.

David