Topic: Death of an icon. At least an icon here

The bread machine is going. My son cleaned the kitchen and threw away the bread machine. I took it from the rectcling bin and will put it in the scrap metal bin at my workplace. It gets no use anymore and takes up space. If anyone wants it, I will bring it to the gathering in August. Otherwise, I will have to get rid of it. It will live on in pictures.  It is 18 years old. Hasn`t been used since 2013. I think it is time to let it go.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

2 (edited by Tenement Funster 2016-07-17 18:15:57)

Re: Death of an icon. At least an icon here

And so we bid a sad farewell, dear friends, to JJJ's bread machine.

It's quiet and unassuming demeanor was an example to all. It saw its purpose in life to simply be silent in the background, while numerous pics of guitar acquisitions dominated the spotlight. It will not be forgotten, and we bid it "Adieu et Bon Voyage", knowing that the world could use more bread machines like JJJ's. No matter how you slice it, a great disturbance in The Force has been felt.

Although I never met B M personally,  I still feel the grief of losing such an iconic figure. Another true rock leg end taken from us in what has been a truly awful year. I bet theirs the smell of baking bread in heaven tonight. R I P.

Thick as two short planks

At yeast he lives on in your stories. He will rise again.

5 (edited by dino48 2016-07-18 00:48:06)

Baldguitardude wrote:

At yeast he lives on in your stories. He will rise again.

ditto. makes me wonder if jjj is a cereal killer also.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Alas, poor bread machine. We knew it well.

Those of us gathering in NY next month will now be denied the sweet sounds that could have emanated from the depths of it's hollow body.

May you rest in peace BM

unclejoesband wrote:

Those of us gathering in NY next month will now be denied the sweet sounds that could have emanated from the depths of it's hollow body.

May you rest in peace BM

Pray tell us Wise One, what sweet music would spring forth from such wilst being struck by a slag hammer?  Would that it echo the refrains of Angels, or screetch the song of Harpies....... mayhaps a dirge of fading dreams?

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Long live the bread machine.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

LOLOLOL What a sweet grain of a eulogy, No sour dough in this thread!     I will miss the long sorrowful saga of the bread machine blues. 

OH you guys need an ad lib song for that after a few too many! LOLOL

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Doug_Smith wrote:
unclejoesband wrote:

May you rest in peace BM

Pray tell us Wise One, what sweet music would spring forth from such wilst being struck by a slag hammer?  Would that it echo the refrains of Angels, or screetch the song of Harpies....... mayhaps a dirge of fading dreams?

The bread machine, being well versed in all disciplines and genres, could no doubt regale us with the mystic voice of sweet Angels and the stinging cry of Demons long ago banished, melded together in one all encompassing melody to both soothe and rile the soul.

The sorrow is deep like that of a Hearty Irish Brown Bread.  A place in your heart as hollow as the beat created when tapping on a fresh loaf. For a while this machine has kneaded not, it's service in life to simply be there to offer support to JJJ with each NGD purchase. Clearly, your son did not understand the levity of this figure. You've done the honorable thing JJJ, removing it from the recyclables, having been placed there like a heel of stale bread.  Ahh, and placing it into the scrap metal bin.  You have assured that Bread Machine will live on to see another day!

Yesterday a bread machine, silent, supportive, kneading not, yet silently wishing for more.  May Bread Machine be turned to wire and find a home reincarnated as a component in a new electric guitar!

http://www.sweetchristinesglutenfree.com/public.assets/images/Bread-heart.jpg

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

It is still in the back of my car. I think it is coming with us to the gathering for one last hurrah.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

It is still in the back of my car. I think it is coming with us to the gathering for one last hurrah.

And we will see to a fine send off.  http://www.desismileys.com/smileys/desismileys_1800.gif

unclejoesband wrote:
joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

And we will see to a fine send off.  http://www.desismileys.com/smileys/desismileys_1800.gif

Good U.J.B. , no crummie final sendoff for it.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I think there should be a send off pic of everyone's guitars with BREAD MACHINE in the forefront smile

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

beamer wrote:

I think there should be a send off pic of everyone's guitars with BREAD MACHINE in the forefront smile

Sounds reasonable.

Maybe a a short video eulogy as well. smile