Re: Things We Hate...Or at least Dislike VERY MUCH!!

tailgating is when a bunch of people gather in a feild or parking lot to watch/listen to a sporting event, usually football (american) or baseball. It's called tailgating because people will base their BBQ out of the backs of their trucks by opening the tailgate. It's a fun way for people who dont have the money, or will to buy tickets, to enjoy the game. 

feel free to add on if i forgot anything smile

::kori::

If you spend your life judging people, how will you ever have time to love them ♥

Okay...now I get it.  That actually sounds like a great way to meet people! Sort of like a street party.

Before sporting events, people set up grills, cornhole, etc. in the parking lot and everybody hangs out. People call it tailgating because a popular seat is on the tailgate of a truck

You have to forget about what other people say; when you're supposed to die, when you're supposed to be lovin'. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.
                                                        -James Marshall Hendrix

By tailgating I mean a person driving too close to your bumper on the hiway. Very dangerous if you have to make a quick stop. Now "Tailgating Parties" at a football game would be a blast. Ya I'd be all up for that. Good food and cold beer,
Oh Ya.

Badeye...

one caper after another

Here's one for you all to consider. Concussions!!

I've had one since Sunday and its good but bad at the same time.

Good
-------

Strangely my guitar playing has sped up and my technique better too, i'm also more able to comprehend the more complex riffs.
I am inadvertantly funnier now (and flirtier) with my concussion
Had the last week off work

Bad
-------

Speech is slurred
Not allowed to drink
Eyesight is blurred
Photo-sensitivity (sensitivity to bright lights for those who do not know)
Dizziness
Sickness
Concentration is awful
Sleepiness (since monday i've slept on average 16 hours a day)
Memory loss

The list really could go on.

So i now dislike concussions on the basis of the above but I also embrace the positive things i've gained from it..just as long as it stays because if i recover from this concussion and my guitar playing goes awful again i will not be pleased.

etc_04 wrote:
badeye wrote:

I hate tailgaters.

Not a fan of tailgating? You come to Ohio some time and I'll change your mind on that one lol

I mean when your driving on the hiway, Tailgate parties would be a blast

Badeye...

one caper after another

I dislike feminists, rock purists, soccer, and Bon Jovi.

I always wanted to know what a corn dog was.

"If You Always Do What You've Always Done - You'll Always Get What You've Always Got !"

In the UK tailgating is the practice of following the car in front TOO closely. Very closely.

I'm guessing there's another meaning which sounds like a lot more fun.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

ah tailgating.... brings back some good memories. My cuz had one of those ghetto speaker 'systems'  (basically you throw speakers behind the seat and hook em' to an unattached car stereo), and we'd roast weenies and blare Hank Jr. so loud it would rupture your ears smile

All You Need is Love smile

Got another little thing that i hate...

The Human Metabolic Rate.

If i so much as look at a burger i put on weight (which is awful when i'm trying to get my fitness up for the new football season) whereas one of my friends can eat til his hearts content and not put on the slightest bit of rate

Also, Exercise...I just hate it, but its necessary

Wibble wrote:

Got another little thing that i hate...

The Human Metabolic Rate.

If i so much as look at a burger i put on weight (which is awful when i'm trying to get my fitness up for the new football season) whereas one of my friends can eat til his hearts content and not put on the slightest bit of rate

There is a great burger place local to me called "Wibbly's"

I gain weight when I drive past it.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

jerome.oneil wrote:
sanguine wrote:

Oh nadine you strike my heart a painful blow.  Why no hunting? and since im a hunter you must dislike me.  Not trying to start a debate but thats why we have the second amendment right?

No.  It is not why we have the 2nd Amendment.

Things I dislike:  Poor civics education.

sorry jerome for not elaborating i did not mean in any way to impose that we as americans have the second ammendent in order to protect hunting but without it we would not be able to hunt.  it say arms not just guns.

So SORRY if i caused you any confusion

and thank you so verry much nadine and happy womans day

So Red Delicious

sanguine wrote:

sorry jerome for not elaborating i did not mean in any way to impose that we as americans have the second ammendent in order to protect hunting but without it we would not be able to hunt.  it say arms not just guns.

http://www.stikage.com/images/products/arch_mansonik.gif

Worked for hunting for thousands of years.  No powder required.

I said Arms not just guns

So Red Delicious

sanguine wrote:

I said Arms not just guns

You also said you couldn't hunt without guns.

no i very clearly did not look at what i wote again i Said ARMS the second ammendment protects the right to keep and bear arms meaning weapons its free for interpratation that includes bows and arrows

So Red Delicious

sanguine wrote:

no i very clearly did not look at what i wote again i Said ARMS the second ammendment protects the right to keep and bear arms meaning weapons its free for interpratation that includes bows and arrows

Like I said:  Poor civics education.

The 2nd is there for a very specific purpose.  It is to ensure that the security of the state is protected via a well regulated militia.  Bows and arrows have nothing to do with it.  As do snares, traps, dead falls, spears, and any of the other thousands of ways humans have hunted since we evolved out of the muck.

We do not have arms because the 2nd says we can.  We have arms because we are free.  The 2nd is a prohibition on government, not a grant to the people.

Im sorry but will have to agree to disagree its the states right inturpret the constitution as they will towards arms in general like certain weapos may not be shipped to newyork and illinois and hawii have strong regualtations agoinst fire arms also hunting is regulated by the state and hunting with spears is largely illegal smile at least out here and those sort of traps ie deadfalls and snares are to.  your right traps arent regulated but other things are and thats a fact

So Red Delicious

sanguine wrote:

Im sorry but will have to agree to disagree its the states right inturpret the constitution

I just hate poor civics education!

Section 2. The judicial power shall extend to all cases, in law and equity, arising under this Constitution, the laws of the United States, and treaties made, or which shall be made, under their authority;

Constitutional issues are *always* decided by the federal courts.

as they will towards arms in general like certain weapos may not be shipped to newyork and illinois and hawii have strong regualtations agoinst fire arms also hunting is regulated by the state and hunting with spears is largely illegal smile at least out here and those sort of traps ie deadfalls and snares are to.  your right traps arent regulated but other things are and thats a fact

And none of those things deal with a well regulated militia, and are therefore subject to state regulation.

Tell me, if the 2nd is required to hunt, as you state, how is it that there are more guns per capita in, say, Canada than here?

lol how did this turn into a political debate?

lol there's something i hate, politics. Politicians are so out of wack (at least in the US) nowadays im glad i cant vote yet, I honestly cant say who i like more, the democrats or republicans... ick

If you spend your life judging people, how will you ever have time to love them ♥

jpage_roxmysox wrote:

lol there's something i hate, politics. Politicians are so out of wack (at least in the US) nowadays im glad i cant vote yet, I honestly cant say who i like more, the democrats or republicans... ick

yeah me too....
Willie Nelson should run for president lol

highwayman61 wrote:

I dislike feminists, rock purists, soccer, and Bon Jovi.

You read my mind.
cool danspr

Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel
Jimi Hendrix
cool danspr

alvee33 wrote:

In the UK tailgating is the practice of following the car in front TOO closely. Very closely.

I'm guessing there's another meaning which sounds like a lot more fun.

You hit the nail right on the head.

Badeye..

one caper after another