Topic: money, money, it's a rich man's world

DINOSAURS, HERE A LIST, WHY ARE THEY STILL ON THE ROAD???
- EAGLES
- ROLLING STONES: it's also a common fact that when they try to play hew songs: you here boooo.
BUT, I admit, they call them selves the greatest rock 'n Roll band on earth, and I believe them, considering their ages, a lot of people, of the same age, are in a service flat
Jagger: one of the most UNDERESTIMED ATHLETES, who sings too, Richards, needs some ironing in his face, or at least a face lift.
- PINK FLOYD
- now POLICE
- and SPICE GIRLS.
THIS are just the bigger ones.
In Eorope, you have a phenomenon: 10 lost glories, performing: SLADE, THE TROGGS, and they do need money, They earned a lot (or their former manager at least) but had limited super hits.
I can just remember an article where REGINALD Maurice BALL said, he could never find a way to thank WET WET WET, because they used his song LOVE IS ALL AROUND, in 3 weddings and a funeral, with the (most) stiff upper lip actor HUGH GRANT.
Tricky: Reginald BALL= REG PRESLEY.
CHARLIE WATTS, is for me THE COOLEST DRUMMER in the world. He has too, his own band: the "charlie watts quintet", I was able to download some songs, this is definitely jazz.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: money, money, it's a rich man's world

Im not a dinosaur, but I think everyone agrees The stones are falling fast. They are not nearly as good as they once were. I was gonna say that the reason they're still on the road is money, but those guys gotta be some of the richest musicians on the planet. They're starting to look terrible too, but I guess that's what thirty some years of drugs'll do to ya. All I can think of is that these guys/girls really love music, their fans, and the music business, cuz they honestly don't have any other reason to stick around.

Interesting topic
-Kori

If you spend your life judging people, how will you ever have time to love them ♥

I tihnk they dont need the money but Jager does.
He has that many children and lawsuits against him he has a fortune to pay out every month.
If h never continud to tour to make even more millions per band member he would probably only have a measly few million quid and would have to hide that money, declare himself bankrupt, then ............... start touring all over again to clear his name from bandruptcy ,lol

The WHo as well. Roger Daltrey came from a rich family. He even has a verysuccessfull busines ( if he still has it) in the fish farm industry YET he wants to do tours all the time for more money.
( acording to Pete Townshend)
Pete Townshend agreed last year or the year before to do a tour with Roger as long as all the money made in New york I think it was, maybe 3 concerts in USA was donated to a charity that Pete is an embassador for.

So, Roger is greedy for money where Pete knows he has enough and doesnt mind giving mony back out. Roger did agree to Pete's conditions without hesitation I hae to add, so he cannot be that bad. Not as greedy as the Mr. Jagger and Co. wanting £65 to see thm in the glasgow secc, and that was the cheap tickets. their arses are so far up their own heads now they have forgotten what "real" "normal" people can do with £65, especially in Glasgow.
They would not even perform in free concert for a things, they always seem to be too busy for them. I say it is cause nae money will line thier pockets.

But, I still love their music ( pre 1985)

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

To add a funny fact: the father of Mick Jagger died a few weeks ago, and Mick didn't get 1£, because he was rich enough.
The fact about selling albums (stones) is like you say, they are just a living legend, at these days more because of their concerts, and I really would like to know how many big bangers were sold.
For me: one of their best albums is VOODOO LOUNGE, containing songs like "blinded by rainbows" and a few more.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

yeah well amen them aint high heeled sneakers
and they shore dont look like cowboy boots
and that aint rock n roll ur playing
and it shore aint country rythym and blues....
lol just had to sing a song called dinosaur since we were talking about it.
Anyway thats a good topic (you seem to come up with a lot of good ones). I think a lot of these older bands need to learn to 'age gracefully'. It kind of corrupts the memory of the stones' greatness if u hear them and they dont sound as good....
ANother one im kind of ticked off about is lynyrd skynyrd. ronnie van zant was the heart and soul of the band and i dont think they should have tried to come back. Dont get me wrong gary and steve and allen were great musicians but ronnie wrote everything... srry 'bout that skynyrds one of my mild obsessions

All You Need is Love smile

6 (edited by bootleger 2007-08-05 05:12:37)

But he did not write them alone most of the time they were either co-wrote by Garry Rossington, Allen Collins or Stevie Gaines. And as Ronnie said Man can that boy play.

Bootlegger.

I am convinced that a BAND REUNION, has at least 5 purposes:
- $$$$
- ££££
- €€€€
- money
- and some are real happy to play together again, the "old friends feeling", and they really enjoy playing. I have to say: MICK JAGGER at your age still performing= stepping, walking, running and climbing at his age? A lot of people having that age are already PLACED in a service home. KEITH, he was always the freaky one, starts to forget a lot of things: because he felt down for "stealing a coconut, a nut coco yes" And to continue writing about the Stones, it is impossible, and I hate this word to think which way, path they would have token with "the not only pretty boy, but also a musical genius, Brian Jones, IT WAS IN FACT HIS BAND, and Loog Oldham, didn't put him together with Mick or Keith (he locked them up in a room, they were only allowed to leave that room with self written songs).
Also an always returning question is: WHAT ABOUT CHRIS JAGGER?
________________________________________________________________________________

I think paranormal has left the building.

8 (edited by last_rebel 2007-08-05 17:44:09)

bootleger wrote:

But he did not write them alone most of the time they were either co-wrote by Garry Rossington, Allen Collins or Stevie Gaines. And as Ronnie said Man can that boy play.

Bootlegger.

Yeah I guess you're right... I don't know it just seems to me without him they're just not that good anymore, or at least not AS good anymore.

All You Need is Love smile