Topic: Cheap NGD

Just  by  chance  today  I came  across  a  Squier  Strat  in a  junkshop  with  a  sign on it   saying  needs  attention and  a  price  tag  of  £5 .Quicker  than a  speeding  bullet  I was  in there asking  what's  wrong with  it . The  vendor  said   its  missing  some  electrics ,to  which  he  showed me the  back   of  the  guitar ,the  plate covering  the  whammy  bar  springs   was  missing  exposing  the   insides. Ok  I  said  handed him   five  pounds  and  left  before  he  changed  his  mind .Got  home   re stung it plugged in  sounds  great , sure  theres  a  few  dings  and  knocks   but  five  pounds  for  a guitar  that was £160 new got  to  be  a  bargain .

Re: Cheap NGD

Well done! Sound like a great deal. Happy NGD>

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Great deal Graham. Happy new guitar day.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

way to go Graham sometimes being in the right place at the right time is everything enjoy!! smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I'm surprised JoeyJoeyJoey didn't beat you to it.  What a great find!

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

That's a super deal for 5 Quid. I checked online, and you can score a replacement back plate for under $20 US.

Why does this never happen to me?

Thick as two short planks

keepitreal wrote:

Why does this never happen to me?

I got lucky twice I got a takimine for $20.OO and an Epiphone amp for free when a lady came too my garage sale and bought something I helped her too her car and she asked me if I wanted it as she was taking it too goodwill and she saw my amp in the garage,I did not hesitate for a moment. My amp was out so I could play in the garage.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Zurf wrote:

I'm surprised JoeyJoeyJoey didn't beat you to it.  What a great find!

I saw that. I am getting withdrawl. 2 weeks without finding another guitar. Nice find though. Nothing is better than the anticipation of trying out a new guitar when you get it. The ride home is almost like ........  Well, I won`t write the word. Happy NGD.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.