Topic: Having problems with my pick-up...

I got a new pick-up for my 6 string acoustic but it doesn't sound as if it's really doing much. The question is how close to the actual strings must the pick-up be.
And don't tell me to read the instructions...I chucked them about 2 days ago.

2 (edited by st800 2007-08-03 20:40:49)

Re: Having problems with my pick-up...

Hi there, I don´t know what pickup you are using. Is it an active or passive system?
I had the same problem with my old pickup from Schaller. That was a passive system. It sounds not real good. I did anything to get a better sound of it, but nothing really helps.
So I bought me a new one. An active piezo Pickup system from Fishman and it works real good. The sound is fantastic.

Let

Hey st800,
Don't laugh but how the hell do I tell whether it's an active or passive system? What I know about pick-up's you can write on a matchbox and still have space to turn an oil tanker around. And I live in South Africa so I don't think we even have the same brands here!

Hi Nadine, I think you can get the same stuff like me in South Africa. If you have to use a Battery in your pick up system, it is active. If you don´t need any battery for your system it is passive.

Let

Thanx! I can see clearly now....

I got my Pickup from an online shop.
http://www.thomann.de
They send worldwide I think

Let