Topic: Suggestion/Tip for beginners

I've been playing now for a couple of months, but just started taking lessons. Anyways my teacher showed me a really helpful tip for making chord changes faster, so I thought I would share it.
When you make you Open A Major chord instead of using your index finger on the d string, your middle on the G string, and your ring finger on the b string, like most books suggest, try using your index finger on the g string, with your middle finger on the d and your ring on the b string. This way your don't have to pick up your index finger when switching between some open major chords such as A, D, and E. Hope this helps.

Also a great tool for beginners is going to YouTube, finding Justin Sandercoe, and using his videos such as "The Finger Gym" and "The Spider Technique".

Not trying to act like a know-it-all, but as a beginner I really appreciate tips from other players, so why not share them?

You have to forget about what other people say; when you're supposed to die, when you're supposed to be lovin'. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.
                                                        -James Marshall Hendrix

Re: Suggestion/Tip for beginners

Hey etc,

I also would rate Justin Sandercoe at www.justinguitar.com. His video lessons are good. The finger excersises he shows helped me a great deal.

Good, positive input is always appreciated here at chordie.

All the best.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Sharing the things that help you become a better player is exactly the thing you should be doing from the moment you pick up the guitar.

Justin Sandercoe's stuff is awesome.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Great suggestions etc!  I used to go to a similar website called www.nextlevelguitar.com  They have a lot of videos too and USED to have 100's of free videos that taught you how to play entire songs, but they revently ran into some legal problems with that I think and had to take those down.  Still a good place to check out though.

i also use a lot of justins lessons,
they are realy good, just did de the blues solo witch sounds great,
the songs of david on the nextlevelguitar were great too, i hope they post something new 1 of these days

Yeah I saw where David had to take down all those videos b/c of copyright issues. What a shame, there were so many song lessons. Hopefully he gets everything straightened out.. I still use nextlevelguitar.com because of their chord videos, very helpful

You have to forget about what other people say; when you're supposed to die, when you're supposed to be lovin'. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.
                                                        -James Marshall Hendrix

alvee33 wrote:

Hey etc,

I also would rate Justin Sandercoe at www.justinguitar.com. His video lessons are good. The finger excersises he shows helped me a great deal.

Good, positive input is always appreciated here at chordie.

All the best.

He's great!

There is a guy on my block who lives for rock, he plays records day and night, and when he feels down he puts the rock and roll on and it makes him feel alright. - The Kinks, Rock And Roll Fantasy