Topic: The Model

At this  festive  time  of  year  I  often get  asked  to  do  some comedy songs  at  parties  as most  of  the  expats  are  pretty  broadminded I  get  a  chance  to give  em all  some  stick .
But  its  always  good  to  have  ago  at  your  self  too.
Being a  man of  the world and now  entering  those  twilight  years  its  time  to  reveal some  past  discrepancies  and mistakes, and of  course  prior to  meeting   my  beautiful  wife like most men  I  have  had  my  share  of  one night stands  ,chance  encounters  and  relationships  that  could have  gone  better .
This  is  the  story  of  one  of  those nights  of  misspent  youth .

The Model
By
Graham Windle
All rights reserved © 02/12/2014

D                                                                     G
Have you ever woke up with a painting by Pablo Picasso
A                                                                                        D
It must have been a hell of a night, but then you know I’m an ass hole
G
Her make up and hair were all over the place
          D
but as I slowly refocused, things fell into place
A
I was astounded that was really her face
                                                                     D
She could have been an actual model for Pablo Picasso

D                                                                      G
Well I started the night in a bar by the dock I was looking
A                                                                                  D
May be for some one who might want to spend the night “cooking”
G
The old Hope and Anchor was good for a rave
        D
But some of the girls there needed to shave
A
And one of them looked just like my brother Dave
                                                     D
Could have been a model, for Pablo Picasso

D                                                                          G
Well I met with a girl who was sat in the corner just grinning
A                                                                               D
I’d had a few drinks and my head and my senses were spinning
G
She asked me if I would come back to her place
D
I was too drunk to have a look at her face
A
but all of her parts felt in the right place
                                                                         D
And I didn’t know that she had modelled, for Pablo Picasso

D                                                                            G
I still cant remember what happened that night, its a mystery
A                                                                   D
Most of the details are lost in the depths of my history
G
When I woke up that morning and swallowed my pride
D
I ran to the doorway, exit was denied
A
Her husband and brother were waiting out side
                                                                  D
Now I look like I could be, a model for Pablo Picasso
A                                                                 D
Now I look like I could be, a model for Pablo Picasso

Re: The Model

https://soundcloud.com/graham-windle/the-model
hope  you  like  the  song

That'll get the audience laughing. Good song

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Good song graham,sounds like some times I had when I was younger and drank a lot.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

thank  vince /pete  glad you  got  a  laugh from it

I'm still laughing, good one Graham! In my younger days I worked as a bouncer at a biker bar and I met a lot of Picasso's models.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Graham

That is hysterical !  Reminds me of the old saying - " I never went to bed with an ugly woman, but I sure woke up with a few!"
Thanks for the song
Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Thanks for the positive comments guys ,some times I'm a bit unsure about how far to go with the comedy stuff I do tone the publishable stuff down a bit so as not to cause offence you have to tread a fine line .
Something I heard once and I dont know if it is true or not is that John Lennon used to write dodgy or crude /funny lyrics to his songs when first writing them but would change them afterwards,not that I would ever draw comparisons to my work and his but it is funny how certain lines just pop in like Jim mentioned in the previous post,certainly the product of a miss spent youth in my case.

i used to play in a band with a couple of younger guys, i was married at the time they weren't and were always on the pull. if one had cracked on, the other would goad me into taking on the not-so-cute friend, maybe cos i was married they thought i needed "cheering-up?" if you get my meaning? this was when i was with my first wife not my lovely second bride which i would never cheat on, but the meaning of your song is not wasted on me, been there, done that.

great song, enjoyed the recording too.

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.