1 (edited by dino48 2014-05-26 01:05:49)

Topic: chordie vets/Memorial day

Thank you to our chordie members who served our country.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

2 (edited by Doug_Smith 2014-05-29 17:11:38)

Re: chordie vets/Memorial day

Sorry I missed your post Dino.  Surprising how many views and no comments....

So for all of us who served, and on behalf of those who are still serving or are unable to respond......

THANK YOU and Welcome!

Doug Smith  USMC    Semper-Fi

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

I am really was really surprised that no one commented,and thank you for serving Doug.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I try to be modist, but YOur welcome.   Scott Sailer USN Ret. AM1(AW)

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Airforce many yrs. ago thank you

"Growing old is not for sissies"

thanks too you Russell and Beamer and too the rest of you who see this post.

Hey Dino....Yep, I missed your post too. Been a lot going on in my life right now, but that's a poor excuse for missing your thank you. I'm retired Air Force, the son of an Army corp of engineers EOD'er (Explosive Ordnance Disposal), and the proud father of a corp of engineers bridge crewmember and Drill Sergeant...who just had my first "Gilpin" grandson 2 days ago.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

I hadn't seen this earlier either.  THANK YOU also to all our Chordie Vets.  Special thanks to those of you with family that have passed on who served as well.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I have never been in any of the New Zealand armed services, but I know that NZ would  have become part of Japan if the Americans hadn't fought back and won in WW2. Thanks  April 25 here is ANZAC day when we honour our war dead.

"War never determines who is right , only who is left"
"Democracy is the right to protest about  the lack of it!"

Congrats & thanks to all vets, for their service and sacrifices!

Our Canadian "Remembrance Day" is on November 11, and I had the privilege of listening to my next-door neighbor (Balkans, Afghanistan) share some of his stories from time spent overseas. Some of it is horrifying, and the rest of us "civvies" can't imagine what kinds of nightmares these folk carry with them. Protecting people from tyranny, and attempting to help worn-torn countries rebuild from atrocities ... tax dollars well spent!

My hat is off to you all.