Topic: stepmother lover

i've added a new song to my web on your left, called "stepmother lover" and it's a bit rocky. i'm very happy with this song and if asked i will put the word sheet and chords up. your comments would be welcome. thanks

phill

ps, you may find that myspace call it "stepmum"

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: stepmother lover

Phil

Really cool song - what guitar did you use ?- - love the sound.       Interesting topic as well smile

I would love to see chords and lyrics if it's not a bother.

Greta job!

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Hi Phill
What struck me about the song was how much the recording quality of the your songs have improved over the years. The interplay of the tracks was excellent and sounds really professional.
I've always been a fan of your songs and this one don't change that.
well done
Tony.

Hey Phill,

Following up with Tonys comments, another strong recording from you. I hope you weren't in the doghouse and forced into the writing about yer stepmum lol I'm guessing not.
Still love the vox. Looking forwards to your next tune.

Great Work as usual smile

Ken

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Enjoyed it Phill, especially the rhythm guitar work leading into the song as well as throughout. Pretty catchy tune there.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

thanks for all your great comments. i knew this wouldn't appeal to a lot of my friends on chordie as it's a bit rocky and not so country.

thanks jeff, i try to write down any ideas i get for a new song, so some of these lines are quite old, but i think they fit together quite well? the rhythm kind of fitted in with the first few lines, then expanded, so it became the intro part.

hello ken. i never had a stepmum, as far as i know my parents had a happy marriage, so the story was made up, but i like the plot and even though most of the words were written at different times and don't at first seem related (different stories?) i think they gel quite well after listening a few times and getting the gist of the tale.

hi there tony, i put the sound quality down to the DP24, it's a truly awesome machine, and the fact that i'm happy to re-do tracks a lot more than i used to as i've got more time.

hi jimmy, it's a telecaster. this is actually the first song i've done in a while that doesn't feature acoustic guitar, even though i wrote most of it on the acoustic.

i shall put the song sheet up on a seperate reply box.

thanks again for all your kind remarks.

phill

Naughty boy lol loved the lyrics and melody smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Interesting  and  somewhat  controversial subject  matter  Phill ,well  played  and  recorded .

Fun song Phill, nicely done!  You have quite the imagination!  I have a hard time writing about things I don't have personal experience with, but it feels like you nailed this one!  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Phill

Excuse my naiveness .....   what is a DP24 ?

JIM smile

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

jimmy, a DP 24 is a 24 track recording machine, sorry i thought everyone new after russ and i discussed it for months ad nausium! i would recomend it to anyone who enjoys recording.

hi amy, i do have an imagination, though if you watch enough TV you'l be experienced in all kinds of subjects. i shant be writing about vampires though....LOL

thanks grah1, i've never been conrovercial before, is it catching?

thnaks russ, i thought i'd pop this one off while i was waiting for you to re-record your song lol

a little decadent but I like the song and the lyrics.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman