Re: Football 2013-2014

dino48 wrote:

hi russell looks like we will have too play Green Bay again,we barely won the first time this year, I am glad too see Arron Rodgers is back I think it will be a hard fought game. I do not know if you watch collage ball but on New Years day the Stanford vs Michigan  game will be one too watch at the Rose Bowl. Go Stanford!!

I will watch most of the bowl games Stanford and Michigan looks like a good one and I like Alabama. I think it will be a close game both teams have a good offense and the defenses are similar (The pack and the 49s) one of us will be smiling lol smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Everybody has to come through Seattle.  smile  I'm going to enjoy watching the chaos that ensues up in Packerland.  I hope Rogers is fully recovered, because he is fun to watch and if he ends up broken for the long term, that would be a bad thing for everyone that likes football.

In college football news, local Husky hero Marques Tuiasosopo managed to do with the Huskies on a shoestring what Steve Sarkasian couldn't do in five years:  Win a bowl game.  He was also the last guy to beat Drew Breese in college.   

I'm stoked for the Chris Peterson era to begin here.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

I already knew if we win we will have too come there. I am glad that they let the doctors approve of Arron Rodgers return and not a personal or football decision. I am really looking forward too the Rose Bowl game!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Rose Bowl is going to be a great game.   My bet on the NCS game is Auburn blows out FSU by a wide margin.

jerome.oneil wrote:

Rose Bowl is going to be a great game.   My bet on the NCS game is Auburn blows out FSU by a wide margin.

I do not think I will be able too watch it it is not on my tv listings.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

dino48 wrote:
jerome.oneil wrote:

It's on ESPN and being played in the Rose Bowl (but is not, for the record, the Granddaddy of them All) on the 6th, so it should be on TV somewhere.

I'm doing pretty good in a family college bowl pool so far - won it last year. Jerome, from what I've heard FSU is the cream of the crop this year, although Auburn has had some fortunate plays go their way in a couple of big games (vs UGA & vs 'Bama), as well as more post season/big bowl experience. I think it'll be a fun game to watch so I'll be tuning in. I enjoyed the Texas mascot not wanting to leave after their loss to Oregon - maybe a bad sign for the Austin faithful.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

158 (edited by dino48 2013-12-31 21:25:17)

jerome.oneil wrote:
dino48 wrote:
jerome.oneil wrote:

It's on ESPN and being played in the Rose Bowl (but is not, for the record, the Granddaddy of them All) on the 6th, so it should be on TV somewhere.

I found it!! Thanks I had things mixed up there. I have three or four espn stations and sometimes I will miss something I also have the pro football station.

jerome.oneil wrote:

How many points are you giving jerome? I'm in for $100 straight up if you'd like. I'll lay $500 if you give me 7 points.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

topdown wrote:
jerome.oneil wrote:

How many points are you giving jerome? I'm in for $100 straight up if you'd like. I'll lay $500 if you give me 7 points.

I'll take 7 points and $100, sure.

But I'll give you one chance to reconsider.

ACC's record in bowls to date:

Pittsburg barely beat Bowling Green and Syracuse squeaked by Minnesota  -  And that's about as good as it gets.

Marshall beat Maryland, and Duke blew a huge halftime lead to Johnny Football.

The ACC "Powerhouse" teams have fared much less well

Miami got blown out by Louisville,  Ol' Miss beat Ga Tech easily, Arizona destroyed Boston College, and yesterday UCLA rubbed VA Tech's nose in it for four quarters.   We will see what Clemson can do against Ohio State today, but OSU plays the same kind of football South Carolina does, and we know what happened there.

The ACC is a weak conference that gets exposed every time it plays any kind of decent out of conference opponent.  It's been that way for years.

So Auburn by a TD or I send you a Benjamin?

Stanford lost it!!. I watched part of the south carolina game and they have a quarterback who looked pretty good.

I agree the SEC is a far superior conference top to bottom. But I also believe FSU is a far superior team than Auburn. Absolutely, I'll take your bet, I have FSU +7 for a Benji

OSU is going to have a tough time handling the Clemson offense.  Starting defensive end has been suspended and starting middle linebacker, safety and cornerback are all out due to injuries.  Hopefully the Buckeye offense can score enough points to make a game out of it.

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

topdown wrote:

I agree the SEC is a far superior conference top to bottom. But I also believe FSU is a far superior team than Auburn. Absolutely, I'll take your bet, I have FSU +7 for a Benji

Woohoo!!!

Now I'm interested in the game.  big_smile

165 (edited by dino48 2014-01-03 01:18:51)

Russell looks like the 49ers will be playing in the freezing weather,( snow? ) ,and most of them are not used too that,looks like it will be an advantage for Green Bay. I also heard that the tickets are not selling well too the game because of weather,and economy after christmas. Thereis talk the game may be blacked out on tv in your area.

dino48 wrote:

Russell looks like the 49ers will be playing in the freezing weather,( snow? ) ,and most of them are not used too that,looks like it will be an advantage for Green Bay. I also heard that the tickets are not selling well too the game because of weather,and economy after christmas. Thereis talk the game may be blacked out on tv in your area.

dino the Packers have been practicing all week outdoors getting ready for the game its been near zero or below these are the conditions that will be at game time as far as ticket sales there are about 5000 unsold this is typical, at game time there will be none but in case the tickets are not sold by the deadline they will extend the time limit or the front office will just buy the tickets and sell them at game time this game will NOT be blacked out its too big smile

It is going to be -24 below zero Monday where I live get the thermal underwear on I aint even going to try and start my car if I need to go somewhere I am calling a cab its a modest -4 now the wind chills are down to -15 as I type this. mama smile

That's crazy weather.   The ball is going to ice up!

They just said on the news  Minus 14 degrees,I do not forsee a good day for the 49ers. They also said the game will not be blacked out in your area.

The Packers are injured all over, though, and the 49ers ground game is great, so it should be a good game either way.

I'd rather see Green Bay out here, though, so I'm pulling for them and the Eagles to beat New Orleans.

An update on the temps forecast. record breaking lows up to -57 windchill or more Monday it should be around a toasty  -4 for the game with a -24 windchill this is insane and what is more insane is Packer stadium will be packed you might even see some people without shirts para medics stand by for emergency duty

172 (edited by dino48 2014-01-04 02:20:00)

That temp forcast is getting worse all the time,they should delay the game and come out here its sunny and around 60 degrees.No shirts thats crazy!!! They must be mutants or zombies not wearing shirts in that weather

Surprised me that 49ers won the game and it was a touch and go game.Green Bay lost alot of there key players and did not start with a couple of them.  We have too play the Panthers now and thats not going too be easy they are a good team.

3 out 4 games this weekend came down to the last drive. That was some fun football to watch!

Carolina - 49ers is going to be a great game.