Re: Football 2013-2014

did anyone else see the Army vs Navy game today if not the navy won again thats 12 years in a row. I was pulling for Army. but no luck!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I've been out of town all weekend.  I was able to catch the end of Denver loosing to the Chargers, and that's about it.

Army - Navy is one of those games on my bucket list, along with Auburn - Alabama, and Ohio State - Michigan.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

looks like the Seahawks and the 49ers won today,and the best game I saw today was Green Bay come back from halftime loosing bad too win against Dallas. G.B. pulled it off and it was a great game too watch.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

dino48 wrote:

looks like the Seahawks and the 49ers won today,and the best game I saw today was Green Bay come back from halftime loosing bad too win against Dallas. G.B. pulled it off and it was a great game too watch.

The first half I was ready to turn the tv off and go to Walmart but being a die hard fan I stayed and what happened in the second half was unbelievable just the spark the pack needs hopefully it will carry over next week when the Steelers come to town (one game at a time) Flynn looked really sharp smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Russell_Harding wrote:
dino48 wrote:

The first half I was ready to turn the tv off and go to Walmart but being a die hard fan I stayed and what happened in the second half was unbelievable just the spark the pack needs hopefully it will carry over next week when the Steelers come to town (one game at a time) Flynn looked really sharp smile

Russel I did shut mine off and went too get a burger and when I came home I turned it on and could not belive the turnaround since halftime it was a great comeback.

Normally I'd say I felt bad for the Giants, but Eli Manning has always bugged me.  big_smile

Right now, the Seahawks have to win 1 of their remaining two games and they are the #1 seed, or, the 49ers have to lose both their remaining games, but I don't see that happening in this universe.

The NFC playoffs are going to be a bloodletting between the Panthers, '9ers, and Seahawks, with everyone else as chum (sorry Russell!)

Should be good stuff!

132 (edited by dino48 2013-12-17 02:12:52)

The 49ers do not have too much of a chance going through the Seahawks fans and the stadium noise that shuts them down as they do alot of audiables and in play calling. The Panthers are really turning things up! I agree there will be alot of smash up football soon over the next few games.

jerome.oneil wrote:

Normally I'd say I felt bad for the Giants, but Eli Manning has always bugged me.  big_smile

Right now, the Seahawks have to win 1 of their remaining two games and they are the #1 seed, or, the 49ers have to lose both their remaining games, but I don't see that happening in this universe.

The NFC playoffs are going to be a bloodletting between the Panthers, '9ers, and Seahawks, with everyone else as chum (sorry Russell!)

Should be good stuff!

Bookies make there living on people who are convinced they know what the outcome will be you never know in football smile

Russell ,any idea when Arron Rogers will be back too play?

dino48 wrote:

Russell ,any idea when Arron Rogers will be back too play?

He is being evaluated Wednesday by the team doctor only he can give the go ahead Rogers wants to play and feels alright but its not his call so we should know tomorrow

Russell_Harding wrote:

Bookies make there living on people who are convinced they know what the outcome will be you never know in football smile

Yup.  That's why they play the games.

But have you seen the NFC championship odds?

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/futures/

I'd put my "why the heck not" money on Philly at 25:1.

jerome.oneil wrote:
Russell_Harding wrote:

I like what Indiana Jones says "Don't tell me the odds" your odds makers may be right and I almost agreed with them on Seattle till San Fran pulled the rug out from under them.

I think I would put some money on the Panthers,that team is really showing up at the right time.

Russell_Harding wrote:
jerome.oneil wrote:
Russell_Harding wrote:

I like what Indiana Jones says "Don't tell me the odds" your odds makers may be right and I almost agreed with them on Seattle till San Fran pulled the rug out from under them.

The thing about the odds makers are they aren't really tracking their expected outcome, they're tracking where the bets are going.  They want equal money coming in for both teams, which is why the spread and odds change.   If too many people are betting one side over the other, they'll adjust the odds to entice people to take the other team.

What this says is that almost all the money is going to Seattle in the NFC, which is why the payout is so low.  You have to bet $2 to win $3.

dino48 wrote:

I think I would put some money on the Panthers,that team is really showing up at the right time.

Yup.  That is the one team I don't want to see up here.

jerome.oneil wrote:
dino48 wrote:

Yup.  That is the one team I don't want to see up here.

They beat the 49ers this season,thier defense is great and offense is improving,Cam Newton is a big factor!!! He is a mover and not scared too run and has a lot of speed when he does.  This is really going too be an exciting end of season.

smash mouth football in seattle today I was really surprised the cardinals won now we have too play them as our last game. Thay have an awesome defense I did not agree on a few calls the the ref's made against the seahawks,like the one in the last two minites.

Strange day The Packers lost to Pittsburgh and Chicago could have wrapped up the Central Division but got creamed by the Eagles so next week will decide the Central Division in Chicago I sure hope Rogers can play should be a tough game either way smile

Strange days in the NFC today, boys!

Seahawks got beat at home (had to happen).  Arizona is looking really good, Philadelphia is looking like the Oregon Ducks, and no one has anything locked up in week 17.

Good times!

jerome.oneil wrote:

Strange days in the NFC today, boys!

Seahawks got beat at home (had to happen).  Arizona is looking really good, Philadelphia is looking like the Oregon Ducks, and no one has anything locked up in week 17.

Good times!

Strange days,I agree the cards look defence is super I hope we can beat them. Looks like Arron Rodgers may not be back,green bay might be able too get in the wild card race if things go right. Stanford is going too the Rose Bowl!

Stanford vs Michigan State might be the best game on TV all year.  big_smile

Hi Jerome,I hope so!

148 (edited by dino48 2013-12-24 01:18:18)

Last time the 49ers will play at Candlestick park,they have alot of retired players football and baseball also,Jerry Rice,Steve Young, Willie Mays etc all showed up too see this game.

This time the 49ers gotta go through Green Bay and Rogers is getting healthier should be a good game I hope the Packs defense can keep Kapernick running in check I think they will

150 (edited by dino48 2013-12-30 01:44:26)

hi russell looks like we will have too play Green Bay again,we barely won the first time this year, I am glad too see Arron Rodgers is back I think it will be a hard fought game. I do not know if you watch collage ball but on New Years day the Stanford vs Michigan  game will be one too watch at the Rose Bowl. Go Stanford!!