Re: Football 2013-2014

I have a feeling a lot of teams are going to take a good look at how the Rams played on defense and make some adjustments

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I watched part of the game and thought it was going too be a Seahawks blowout,but I guess the rams defense kept them down,but I did not see the whole game. The Rams defense is almost always tired out by the fourth quarter.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Basically the Rams front seven walked through the Seahawks O-line like it wasn't even there.   They blitzed every down, and just kept coming.   Russel Wilson took seven sacks and couldn't get into any kind of rhythm.   I think he finished with 150 yards passing, and about 60 of those came off of one play.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Jerome I was listening too espn and they were talking about what the N.F.L players are getting salary wise. I think they said Russell Wilson is only getting something in the area of $650,000. I think that's pretty low for a q.b. of his status.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

How many country member of FIFA?

That's an outcome of the new collective bargaining agreement.   Teams wanted to limit the amount of money that they were having to pay to top draft picks, and since that only effects rookies and means more money under the salary cap for veterans, the players union agreed to it.     Basically, if you get drafted into the league, you get a four year deal, it's worth a certain amount no matter what, and you have no right to re-negotiate for three years.   

They have also gotten a whole lot more punitive on rookie hold-outs. I'm fine with that.  Call it the Eli Manning rule.  big_smile

Anyway, yeah, Wilson is pretty underpaid right now.  That's not a secret, but it's also not because the Seahawks are cheap.  They have a reputation for taking care of their players.  They did for Red Bryant and Cam Chancellor when their time came.   It's just because he's a third round pick, and that is what a third round pick contract looks like under the new CBA.   He has to play under that for one more year, and I have full faith that the Seahawks will take very good care of him when it comes time to talk about his contract.

What time will begin football world cup?

Iftekhar - They're addressing the American football season.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

84 (edited by jerome.oneil 2013-10-30 23:23:03)

Iftekhar wrote:

What time will begin football world cup?

The Chicago Blackhawks skated circles around The Boston Bruins  for the World Cup this year, dude.    Boston scored two goals with 90 seconds left to take the lead and the cup.

It was a classic six games.

I see now,he will get a very large raise in a couple of years.

Well, if they keep playing the way they have been, they might all be unemployed.  big_smile

Down 21-0 to Tampa Bay isn't the stuff of legend.  That's three weeks in a row they were lucky to walk away with a W.

Speaking as a passionate Bears fan...

Tonight is going to be a blood bath. I'm going to start preparing for baseball season. RIP 2013 Bears. sad

Looks like two of the coaches went down yesterdayHoustons coach went down at halftime on the field,and it was not a heart attack and I think it was Denvers coach that had too have heart surgery today I think he got dizzy yesterday,I might have that one wrong.

89 (edited by dino48 2013-11-04 22:15:52)

Baldguitardude wrote:

Tonight is going to be a blood bath. I'm going to start preparing for baseball season. RIP 2013 Bears. sad

They have too play russells Green bay Packers,I really want too see the game tonight I hope I get it.

The Packers and Bears games are always tough no matter which stadium they play in the Bears have almost the same record but the Pack owns a edge in the division because they beat them once look for a heavy dose of Forte running and Cutler passing it should be a good game smile

Go packer's !!!

Cutler is out. Which is fine by me.

Baldguitardude wrote:

It's the Cubbies, man.  Just wait 'til next year.

Only 1 quarter and the pack lost Arron Rodgers,looks like both teams will be using back up qb's.

I just saw that Rodgers has a separated shoulder and will be out 4 to 6 weeks. ARRRRGGGH!

I watched the post game interview the pack's coach Mike McCarthy said there was no word on the extent of Rogers injuries that being said it was a tough loss the backup QB had insufficient practice running offense in a real game and it showed this resulted in the defense having to be on the field to long and the Bears took advantage of that like any good team would there backup QB did a great job mainly due to the lack of a pass rush so there is a three way tie in the division I can only hope they will be ready next week don't count them out yet smile

My pessimism seems to have worked. A tribute:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_55vKpLetw

That was an exciting game last night only I wanted too see the packers win I am hopeing  Rodgers is not hurt too bad they have a lot of injured players now including Matthews. Looks like BGD'S bears got them once.

Stanford absolutely trucked Oregon last night.   Florida State fans should send the Cardinal a thank you card.  smile

Now if Auburn beats Alabama, and Florida steamrolls FSU, that should screw up the final, dying, gasping breath of the BCS something proper.   smile

The BCS isn't going to be missed at all by anyone not associated with the $NCAA$.

I will bet LARGE $$$ that Florida will in no way steamroll FSU. I'm almost as confident that FSU will handle Alabama easily for the National Championship. Go Noles!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!