Topic: omg! DID YOU SEE THAT NOOB?!!?

Dont you just hate it when some NooB comes tramping through your wonderful site?? He starts breakin stuff in the first 5 minutes he's here.           
   sigh.                                           O.o        eh...     um,       hello. Im Chris     ...and yes. I am that noob.
Ive been coming around chordie for a few years now. Its my goto place for lyrics and chords.  It wasnt til this past week I hung out and browsed around.
  I decided I wanted my own song book the other day. Rushing into it I put quotes in my login name when I registered resulting in the ability to login, but NO song book.  I failed in the attempt to rename the account.  Could someone please help me with the correct way to repair my account.
Thank you, Chris Heanes

Re: omg! DID YOU SEE THAT NOOB?!!?

Try opening another account. With a slight change in your name and different. Kind of like a clean slate

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Hi Chris and welcome,

I am a little confused there are no quotation marks in your user name, not here or in your profile. I guess you mean the apostrophe you have either side of Big Daddy, but they must have been there when you first registered as you are not able to change your username. So are you saying that you have inadvertently re-registered with a new name and you cannot use a songbook you made under a different name or something different?

Sorry I am a simple guy so you will have to explain exactly what you want help with.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

LOL - funny guy!  Spell it out in simple terms and Roger will help you get straightened out.  Did you have a songbook before you registered with this username?  If this is the first time you ever registered, then you have to create a songbook from scratch, but sounds like you might have been registered before if you had one already.  Don't worry, it's hard to break Chordie (although there is a little glitch about only being able to have 100 songs in a songbook or something to that effect). 

WELCOME to the forums either way!!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.