Topic: A Ton of snow coming to the NE US this Friday

Heard on the news today that the northeastern US is going to get a ton of snow dumped on them this Friday. Specifically, I'm worried about Amy and whether or not she has enough guitar strings to help make it through the dig out. I heard the estimates are over 30 inches for New York & Boston, Mass. areas.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Re: A Ton of snow coming to the NE US this Friday

Ugh.  She better go out and get some oranges, ginger ale, and Elijah Craig right quick.  And maybe some food.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf wrote:

Ugh.  She better go out and get some oranges, ginger ale, and Elijah Craig right quick.  And maybe some food.

Food always helps,hope you guys get through it all ok.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

hope the net lines stay up for you guys!,, OH btw ill be camping,, highs of 65 and lows only of 40ish wink

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Amy lives in the snow belt - 30 inches is just a dusting for the folks up there. (I know, I used to live up there myself)

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

We`re supposed to get hit pretty hard here in the worcester area. It will be interesting to see how a 1 foot dog handles 2 feet of snow. They are predicting 2 to 3 FEET of snow for this one.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Yup, Worcester is supposed to get it worse than us.  I think we're only looking at a foot of snow.  Never fear though, I've got coal to keep warm, guitar strings and guitars a plenty, and there some Jack Daniels in the freezer.  smile  We're good!  LOL!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

mekidsmom wrote:

... and there some Jack Daniels in the freezer.  smile  We're good!  LOL!

Yeah, but how are you set for tequila?

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

A Portuguese ladyfriend of mine who now lives in Brighton, Canada has just walked about a mile back home from work in a blizzard, much to the distress of her colleagues who wanted to drive her back. Having never seen a blizzard she wanted the experience. Cold and weary she made it back home but also excited and ready for a long hot bath.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I like your friend Roger.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I got a phone call earlier. I was told to drop what I was doing and bring the truck back now. When the boss is right, she`s right. She didn`t get any argument from me. No traffic is allowed on the roads after 4pm.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Got some snow here is southern Califonia. I'm very close to the foothills and it's pretty darn low. Al little is all I can handle. Too cold for me.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

13 (edited by Tenement Funster 2013-02-09 04:30:56)

It's now 12:30 (just after midnight) in Nova Scotia, and the snow's been coming down at a good clip for the last few hours. Supposed to be 40 cms (16 inches) in the next 24 hours. It's been bitter cold for the past few weeks, and we're starting to get fed up with this whole "global warming" gig. Perfect weather for some quality music time ... this weather reminds me of Jethro Tull's "Fires at Midnight".

Brrrrrrrrrr ...........

I know what there in for on the east coast we get hit often and hard in winter by snow and ice not to mention sub zero temps in Wisconsin hence the nickname "the frozen tundra" smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

after over 5 hours of digging out, I called it quits. I will finish tomorrow. The snow isnt going anywhere. Any facebook friends can see how much snow I got. Our cars were buried in 4 feet of snow. The only one I don`t drive much in the winter didn`t get buried too bad.

Enjoy Every Sandwich