Topic: just thought you'd like to know

Week last Saturday, I blew a speaker! Luckily, it was a small venue, so I managed with just one. So on Monday I did some panic searching for a replacement. The music shop I usually buy from tried their best to sell me a new pair of speakers while giving me less than a pittance for my old ones!!! No way was I going to let them give me less for two speakers than the actual value of the one good one. So biting the bullet, I got on-line and bought a new pair, which shockingly arrived next day!! WOW! what service?

A replacement driver, by the way, would cost almost as much as a new set, they're a really good speaker! FBT's

Fridays gig was all stress, adjusting tone controls to get the sound I wanted. So good so far. Sunday I had to travel an hour to the gig...when I got there and started to set up, I found I'd left my guitar at home....!!! I had to play all night using just the backing tracks (I record my-self) dodging the songs with solo's and instrumentals....It was hard, I just felt naked, no guitar to hide behind.

Still I managed, so I wonder if anyone else has got to a gig to find that they'd left something important at home?

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: just thought you'd like to know

I've left my voice at home a few times .................

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

A couple of time I left my stash but there are always new friends to help a guy in need smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Many times I have left my confidence behind. Luckily it will always will follow me there but will only show itself in the first bar of the first song. lol

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

A shopping bag full of extra`s. Cords, strings, 9 volt batteries. Even an extra guitar  and amp kept in one place where you can always get to them. As far as confidence and voices go. There is no bag for that.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

hi russ, glad to see you survived that rain storm, more crap on the way though, better if you lot had stayed british...LOL

you mean stash of chewing gums of course?

joey, it's easier to get transformers than 9 volt batteries these days. yeah, i left my voice at home too! ed

it's a funny thing that you can be laying logs in your underwear til the end of the first song, roger, i kept trying to strum and put riffs and fills in, i almost felt like Status Quo....ha, ha

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Phill I never chew it unless it was in a brownie smile

Phill Williams wrote:

you mean stash of chewing gums of course?

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I left all my effect pedals at home once. That gig was rough.

Busted a bass string on the first song once.  Had to run back to the house for the other bass.

It now comes along with us on every gig.  Paranoia doesn't mean they really aren't out to get you, after all.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

10 (edited by beamer 2012-11-07 23:59:01)

Put my gear in the car and backed out the driveway,,, once in the middle of the road I rememberd,, the gig was in my own house,  with no audiance.  sad   lol

If I cant laugh at myself then how can I laugh at others? tongue

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

I've forgotten my talent, my cues, and my lines.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude