Topic: GUITAR PROBLEM

I have a gibson dove, with a triangular crack low on the top
Does anyone have an idea where to repeat it and the price? To be honest, she plays so damn well, that I don't know if the crack is influencing the guitar sound

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: GUITAR PROBLEM

My advice is to ignore the crack until you are certain is makes it sound worse.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

gitaardocphil wrote:

Does anyone have an idea where to repeat it and the price?

To be honest, she plays so damn well, that I don't know if the crack is influencing the guitar sound

Sounds like you answered your own question.  smile

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

If it aint broke, don`t fix it. I just bought a 59 Gibson with a crack at the soundhole and neck. It doesn`t affect the sound and playability. Until it does, I will leave it that way.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

My fender strat has a small crack by the bottom of the neck,been that way for years,still sounds great. I did mark it too check for any change,so untill it changes I will not fix it.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

IT'S AN ACOUSTIC GUITAR

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

gitaardocphil wrote:

IT'S AN ACOUSTIC GUITAR

The capital letters were unnecessary. Electric guitars can get damaged just as easily as acoustic guitars. Especially Gibson and Epiphone  Les Pauls and SGs.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Don't take offense at Gutaardoc's capital letters.  English is not his native language so he's already making an extra effort to converse with us, and he also has some health issues that can limit his dexterity making proper typing difficult.  I'm sure no offense was intended. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I'm also thinking, if it plays good and sounds good - let it be.  Probably gives the guitar a bit of character as well..
Keep on strummin'
Deb

I will never offense someone, I just wrote it in capital, and as you can see I am one of the oldest members,
Concerning that DOVE, it seems that it was already repaired once, a line on the top, we'll see if there is a way to fix it with parts of a "destroyed" hummingbird, same color.