Topic: Again- another band starting up

Tomorrow we have a new line up starting up. We had a bad case of LSD with the last one.( Lead singers disease) The last jam session was so tension filled, we couldn`t get anything accomplished. The same bassist and I are starting over again. Wish us luck.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: Again- another band starting up

Absolutely.  Good luck Joey.  Never give up.  You will find the right combination.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Persistance will get you where you want to be!  Keep going and you'll find the right fit.  BEST OF LUCK!!!!!!!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Why don't you sing?  That's how Phil Collins got his start with singing.  The band couldn't find anybody they liked and they had a show to do.  So Phil sang the show and because the new lead singer from behind the drums.  I still don't know how drummers and bassists can sing and play, but they do.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Joey, Why do so many musicians  have to have BIG Ego's ? Make it fun. I agree with Zurf give it a try.

Joe

6 (edited by jerome.oneil 2012-09-15 15:53:11)

As a bassist that sings, I can tell you how I do it.

When it gets to the place where I have to sing, I play really easy bass parts.  big_smile

How guys like Les Claypool and Geddy Lee do it...  My guess is there is witchcraft involved, or that they are actually robots.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

I can sing and play guitar, but I cannot sing and play bass.  Of course, I don't memorize bass lines, I just kind of riff the whole time.  So maybe if I actually knew what I was going to play next it might help. 

Still, Joey, you really should give it a go. 

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Zurf wrote:

Why don't you sing?  That's how Phil Collins got his start with singing.  The band couldn't find anybody they liked and they had a show to do.  So Phil sang the show and because the new lead singer from behind the drums.  I still don't know how drummers and bassists can sing and play, but they do.

I have tried singing. I can sing and play at the same time except one thing. My voice sounds like a combination of nails on a chalkboard while stepping on a cats tail during a test of the emergency broadcast system. I have tried different types of music and the result is always the same.AAAAHHHHHHH

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

keep at it jjj!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

dino48 wrote:

keep at it jjj!

I do, when I play by myself. I try when I am driving the company truck by myself. My voice is just too bad. Maybe it was too much Dewars and too many Winstons in the past. Plus a few other substances. I used to really "enjoy my recreation" in the 80s. Being in a band situation for awhile didn`t help with that

Enjoy Every Sandwich

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

My voice sounds like a combination of nails on a chalkboard while stepping on a cats tail during a test of the emergency broadcast system.

So some Neil Young is in order.

Heck J 3 if zurf and Jeff can listen to me sing and not be totally run off,, I think you got a chance

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Voice is just a matter of practice, same as any other musical endeavor.  This guy's lessons are in small, easy to follow bits, and if you do what he says your singing will improve.  I also enjoy is wry sense of humor.  I have no connection with him except having watched his videos and having them work for me.

http://www.ehow.com/videos-on_3196_lear … ssons.html

- Zurf

I've always wondered the same thing about playing bass and singing.  I have a neighbor that plays bass and he has to turn the stereo on and play with it.  That's nice, but you can't do a whole song by yourself.  He doesn't want to change. I always explain that all I have to do is grab a guitar and siplay chords and sing and I have a song going.  he can't do that with bass. Paul McCartney does a fine job though.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

That's why I started guitar, Pete.  When I was in a band, it was fun.  But playing bass to CD's just doesn't have the same creative spark.  It's terrific practice, but for me it just didn't feel like making music.