Topic: NGD

I'm finally gonna get another 12 string (had one when I was a kid). My brother came to visit about a week ago and liked the six string guitar that I keep down in the guest house, so I proposed a trade. Since he has two 12 string Yamaha guitars, we decided to trade my guest house guitar for one of his Yamahas. Heading up to Pennsylvania to make the trade next week. I'll have to find another guitar to keep in the guest house.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Re: NGD

I love Yamaha acoustics. I almost bought a yamaha 12 string at guitar center but they wouldn`t go down on the price. I said you probably paid 40.00 for it. Either way, if it is a yamaha. It is probably good. I have never been disappointed with a yamaha acoustic.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Hey.  If you're rolling up 15 to Pennsyltucky, send me an e-mail.  My house is just two blocks off the center of the universe (aka 15).  I'm not sure where Scott County is, so don't know if you'll be using 15, 81, or 95. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Good for bud.  It's always nice to obtain another guitar.  Have fun.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Congrats BlueJeep!  Can't wait to get my 12er out of the "hospital" 
I'd be interested in what you plan to use for strings and tuning -- down a half or full step(?)
Have fun!
Jim

I agree with J3. Love them Yamahas!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

happy ngd bluejeep,I love my 6 string Yamaha,I paid $50.00 for it about 17 years ago. They are very durable and mine has been through everything and still keeps playing good.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

8 (edited by bluejeep 2012-09-03 19:20:25)

jgreen - hope your 12er gets well soon. For strings its barbed wire and baling twine or Elixer lights. I figured on tuning down a half step. Are there any advantages to tuning down a full step?

Pete  -  I'm sure to have fun. I've had GAS for a 12er for a long time.

Zurf -  Scott County is in the southwest corner of Virginia, I'm about 38 miles west of the Bristol speedway so I'll be using 81 to travel to and from Pa.

JJJ & Z -  I always enjoyed the rich sound of my brothers Yamaha 12ers. I really didn't need two six string guitars and my brother didn't need two       12ers so its a great deal for both of us.

Dino - Thank you, I'm sure to enjoy it. I'll want to find another 6 string to keep in the guest house, I'll have to start visiting the local pawn shops.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

heck you can probably get one from MF new and just as cheep if you just need a guest guitar.  Congrats on your 12, I just got  my NGD last month and love it!  Tuning down a half step is less "tinny" sounding on the high strings and less stress on the neck and bridge.  I have found that you need standard tuning for most of Gordon Lightfoot's stuff and a good capo.  Im using a standard capo,, but want one for a 12  It will mute the strings better.

Enjoy your 12!

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Thanks, Bluejeep,
I am just looking into strings and tunings for the 12er.  Mine has kind of been through the wars so I'm thinking a lighter load might be the way to go.  My Luthier friend says it will be good and as stable as new.
Mike Golay wrote a tech article on the issue (I'm not sure I can drop a link here... the mods will fix it as required)
http://www.bansheewerks.com/frivolities … tml#gauges a couple pages down is the 12 string info.  Kind of interesting.
Enjoy!
Jim

jgreen wrote:

Thanks, Bluejeep,
I am just looking into strings and tunings for the 12er.  Mine has kind of been through the wars so I'm thinking a lighter load might be the way to go.  My Luthier friend says it will be good and as stable as new.
Mike Golay wrote a tech article on the issue (I'm not sure I can drop a link here... the mods will fix it as required)
http://www.bansheewerks.com/frivolities … tml#gauges a couple pages down is the 12 string info.  Kind of interesting.
Enjoy!
Jim

Awesome!  I'm eager to hear you play it.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Thanks Z   anyone who is holding back from the skype jams must just check in.  You won't find a more welcoming and supportive group.  I say this reluctantly as if all of you check in, I might not be able to...
ATB
Jim