1 (edited by joeyjoeyjoey 2012-08-19 13:01:20)

Topic: string of good luck- conclusion

After hitting on a lottery ticket last week, I paid some bills, did something nice for people that stuck with me when I was at my worst. Took my wife on a shopping spree at Macy`s. She and my friends told me to buy myself something nice. I went to guitar center to get a telecaster today. Then I tried 2 gretches, one solid and one hollow. Then I went to the acoustic room to look at martins. I also tried an ovation and a dobro. Also tried out this awful looking Gibson acoustic. It played and sounded sweet. Then I tried out a chinese telecaster. Long story short, I now have a 1959 gibson LG1. More guitar than I expected to get. My wife said that I will never get a chance to do this again, just do it. That`s what I ended up getting. The last thing I ever expected. Pictures soon.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: string of good luck- conclusion

Happy NGD JoeyX3 - You deserve a treat and a '59 Gibby sounds like a good one. Looking forward to seeing some pics and hearing you pick her.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

When I get my hearing back, I will play it more. Or at least show it off on skype.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Good for you JJJ!  Congrats on the winnings!  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Good for you buddy.  I'm happy you get a little something you want out of life.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I still cant figure out how to post pictures. On my facebook page  is the ad for the actual guitar I bought.  It fit like a glove. Didn`t need any time to get used to it. It was right from the first time I tried. My wonderful wife talked me into getting it. I think ill keep her. The wife too.

Enjoy Every Sandwich

jjj,happy ngd day and peace with your wife!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Aint it a great feeling when it all works out good? Enjoy your new guitar, you deserve it.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".