Topic: Had a string of good luck this weekend.

I had a major moment of good luck this weekend. I came into some money. I will use it to cut down credit card bills and pay off some medical bills. My wife and friends said to buy myself something nice too. I was thinking about buying a Martin or a Telecaster. Then I thought about a Marshall half stack or Fender amp. Whenever I buy any new guitar or amp, I always go back to my beloved red strat and Gibson Falcon amp or my Yamaha sj-180. My explorer needs brakes and tires. That is getting done. After thinking long and hard , I made my decison on what to buy. I bought a nice stereo for my best friends car. We have been friends for 44 years. He was best man at my wedding. He stuck by me at my best and my worst, through thick and thin. It comes out to 10.00 a year for 40 years of friendship. I caught him by surprise. Friends for over 40 years at only 10.00 per year. I`m getting out of it cheap. I wish I could have done better for him.  He is a BRO and I appreciate all he has done for me. I finally get to return the favor. Plus, I enjoyed him swearing at me for thinking of him(in a good way). I can always get a guitar or amp but a friend like that only comes once. Since 3rd grade. 52 years old now

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: Had a string of good luck this weekend.

Awesome! Congrats on your good luck! Foxwoods? smile

Baldguitardude wrote:

Awesome! Congrats on your good luck! Foxwoods? smile

No, scratch ticket.  1.00

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Well done, sir!  Well done.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

You're a good man Joey.  Better than most.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Jeoy, be sure to check out everything prior tp paying off credit card debt. I paid off nearly $70,000 worth of credit card bills and canceled the cards. Didn't help my credit ratimg one bit - if anything it hurt me. I still have items showing on my credit report that have been paid off several years and it is difficult to get them removed. Weither you like it or not having zero debt is worse that owing $$$$.

NELA

NELA wrote:

Jeoy, be sure to check out everything prior tp paying off credit card debt. I paid off nearly $70,000 worth of credit card bills and canceled the cards. Didn't help my credit ratimg one bit - if anything it hurt me. I still have items showing on my credit report that have been paid off several years and it is difficult to get them removed. Weither you like it or not having zero debt is worse that owing $$$$.

NELA

The credit card will still be there. I will just take a couple thousand off it. I didn`t get enough to retire or live comfortably. Just enough to ease the pain a bit.

Enjoy Every Sandwich

Good for you jjj,it is always a relief too not have any bills too pay. You are a real friend!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

http://www.madtomatoe.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Facebook-Like-Button-big.jpg

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Good on you.    paying it forward.    awesome

badeye    cool

one caper after another

I salute you sir, you are a good man.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Thanx for all the good words. I only got enough to live comfortable for this month. Next month I will be back to just making ends meet. It was still nice to have an easy month and buy my best friend a present. It`s still great getting some medical bills paid in full.

Enjoy Every Sandwich

Well played, sir!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

I commend you sir. The world lacks generosity.

Did you put a little away for the trout's college fund?

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

What Pete said.     b