Topic: Marshall Tuckers band

Looks like we lost another artist stu sunderland,guitarst for rhe band at 54,of natural causes. Seems pretty young too die of natural causes. Randy Travis busted dui,they found him nude and arrested him,I think he wrecked his car.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Re: Marshall Tuckers band

Wait a minute.  Who was busted for DUI, who was nude, who wrecked whose car?  There was a lot of strung together thoughts there.  Ah, now I've got to go to Yahoo! news and see what happened to whom. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Randy travis.
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 … pid=prn_ew

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

A shame.  Well, he's got some new material. 

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Zurf wrote:

A shame.  Well, he's got some new material. 

- Zurf

Like . . . "I lost my license but I found my pants"

(C)I was drinking all day
Feeling (F) kinda down,
So I (G7) took off my clothes
Just to (C) bring me around

Then I couldn't remember
where I stashed my pants
So I Drove in to town
To buy me some slacks

Oh the seat was sohot,
It was burning my butt
I was going too fast
when I saw the cop

He pulled me right over
Had to get out and walk
When he saw I was naked
It gave him a shock

"Now" Randy he said,
"just where are your trousers?"
"Well, I haven't seen 'em
In over four hours."

They took my license
And threw me the book
But these stripped pajamas
Are quite the cool look.

(C) That's why I'm saying . . .
(F) That I lost my license,
(C) but I found me some pants,
(G7)They're white n' black stripes
with a (F) shirt that's a (C) match.

^ AWESOME!! MB2!!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Thanks topdown! I don't think it's going to be on Randy Travis' next c.d., but it was fun to write.

M.B.two wrote:

Thanks topdown! I don't think it's going to be on Randy Travis' next c.d., but it was fun to write.

Well done mb!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

WOW!  Hilarious and a pretty darned good country blues.  I'm impressed.  You should cut that.

10 (edited by badeye 2012-08-09 13:23:08)

RIP, Stu,    Marshall Tucker is on the bill this weekend at the Dutch Mason Blues Fest, here in Nova Scotia,

wonder if they will cancell ??   

curious...   badeye    cool

one caper after another

Really good, MB, on the spur of the moment.  Gives us a visual we don't necessarily want, but good anyway.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

bensonp wrote:

Really good, MB, on the spur of the moment.  Gives us a visual we don't necessarily want, but good anyway.

LOL! You crack me up, Pete!

13 (edited by M.B.two 2012-08-09 14:32:13)

Zurf wrote:

WOW!  Hilarious and a pretty darned good country blues.  I'm impressed.  You should cut that.

Thanks Zurf! I was practicing "Big Rock Candy Mountain" to work on changing from C to F and just used the chords in that song, C G7 F and G. 

Hey Dino, I looked up Marshall Tucker Band on Youtube and so far my two favorite songs are "Can't You See" and "Fire on the Mountain." The singer's voice is fantastic--it makes me feel like autumn. I bet it was a real sad thing for him to lose his guitarist.