Topic: Tell others about your favourite music artists

My favourite music artists are Nightwish and Tarja Turunen (the former lead singer of Nightwish herself). I know pretty much everything about them, and I have all of their CDs apart from 1. Love them to bites.
I was wondering, who do you like, and why?

The Nightwish devil child. Say hi and be nice. I don't bite . . . maybe?

Re: Tell others about your favourite music artists

Hi agian I have never heard of them,but I am an older guy,Most of my songs are in the sixties,and seventies era.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

You didn`t list any dino. My all time number 1 favorite is Leonard Cohen. Then there is Marshall Crenshaw, Matthew Sweet, Ben Folds, Warren Zevon. Then the usual Beatles, Eagles, Doobies and lots more to list. (but I wont).

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Willie Nelson.  There's just too much to tell.  One thing I like about him is that he remembers where he comes from and who helped him to get where he is, and does each of them a good turn whenever he is able.  I heard a funny story about him about shooting the video for Beer For The Horses.  The lyrics say "Whiskey for my men, and beer for the horses."  So the video shows the men passing around a bottle and drinking from it.  During the shoot, when the bottle got to Willie, he pitched a fit that it didn't contain real whiskey but only colored water.  So he refused to continue with the shoot until a genuine bottle of whiskey was produced and used.  Supposedly, the rest of the shoot got progressively "interesting."   That has nothing to do with what I like about him, but is a funny story I heard recently. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

All the folks that sang or sings, the real stuff, Guy Clark, Willie, Waylon, Cash, George Jones, Kristofferson, John Prine, Jamey Johnson and, many more, nothing wrong with modern Country, just not my cup of tea.    b

My favorite artists.... In no particular order :

Jack Johnson
Trevor Hall
Bob Marley
The Beautiful Girls
Andrew Belle

Why?  Simple... I relate to them smile

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

I'm with Dino.  Most of my likes are Dylan, Beatles and anything 50's or 60's.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

For me it's Hendrix, Derek Trucks, Joe Bonamassa, SRV, and Zach Brown.

Pretty much anything that was old country, not this new wave country rock of today, Hank Williams to Merle Haggard, George Jones era of country.  Guys like Randy Travis and Alan Jackson have kept the type of music going for me!  I have always been a fan of Vern Gosdin!

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio