1 (edited by joeyjoeyjoey 2012-07-17 22:21:02)

Topic: NGD or GAS

Saturday, while at the Moxie Festival. I picked up a YAMAHA SCF04 at a flea market for 70.00. It plays and sounds good(predictable with most yamahas). Has gold tuning pegs. An older style headstock, tortoise shell pickguard. Now the good part. While in Maine (5 hours away). I ended up being rushed to the hospital with kidney stones. My wife  didnt know any better and put the guitar in the trunk of her dark blue Impala. No case or wrapping of any kind.Also it has been in the high 90s and humid even way up their. 3 days later, I pulled it out of the hot trunk. It was hot to the touch but undamaged.All the glue held and the wood didn`t warp or crack. After all that time in the hot trunk, I was expecting the worst. So now I have 4 yamaha acoustics. The price was probably inline with it`s value, but it plays and sounds good.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: NGD or GAS

Good score J3!!!!!

I'll bet the kidney stones didn't have you thinking about the hot car very much. Glad to hear that the guitar was ok. I have 3 Yamahas and I agree, they make some good stuff.

Do you have to pass the stones on your own or did they do something for ya at the hospital?

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you guys both have the fever.  You are over the top.  I hope the stones get better fast.  I had them twice and they are no fun.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

4 (edited by joeyjoeyjoey 2012-07-17 22:47:49)

zguitar wrote:

Good score J3!!!!!

I'll bet the kidney stones didn't have you thinking about the hot car very much. Glad to hear that the guitar was ok. I have 3 Yamahas and I agree, they make some good stuff.

Do you have to pass the stones on your own or did they do something for ya at the hospital?

No, it took surgery. The thing wouldnt budge. Now it hurts to play the guitar I just got for now. Actually I was worried about the hot trunk. Shows where the priorities are of a guitarist. I was in pain when I tried it out. Like a moron, I was driving back from the festival with my daughter and her friend. I always say i`m very lucky. Oh and thanx for the good wishes pete and z

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

jjj,hope you get out of pain soon,I have a yamaha f401 acoustic,and bought it about 18 years ago used for $50.00. It has been through everything!!,and it still sounds good and never has had a problem. I play it about 90 percent of the time and will not sell it,even when I do get my Martin. Toots has one also that he loves.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Whenever I see a Yamaha Acoustic for sale, I am drawn to it like Moth`s to a light. No matter how I am feeling. A Yamaha electric, Does nothing for me. Truthfully, I do not like them. I bought one a few years back and hated it. My reasoning was. If there acoustics are that great, imagine how their electrics are. Oh and thanx again for the well wishes

Enjoy Every Sandwich

AAAHH I thought you ment MOXY    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzG5Q6g6ZY4 and  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyIOt0e1 … re=related

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)