Topic: Heat Wave?

Seems like no one is here from the areas that are affected on the eastern and other areas that are being hit with it. Hope all of you are doing ok. My son is in s. carolina and they are on alert too possibly go too work at anytime. ( he is with the power company) He went too Katrina during that crisis.  It would be nice too know how the other members are doing.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Re: Heat Wave?

Hot as hades in Atlanta. Upper 90s with no signs of cooling.

3 (edited by Guitarpix 2012-07-02 01:41:16)

An even 100 here today with a heat index of 114.... Getting hit by severe thunderstorms now smile  Love a good storm with lots of lightning.  I've been standing in the yard watching it till it started raining too hard just a sec ago....

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

We hit 103 degrees at the airport on saturday, setting a new record high temp. It's hard to work outside, drinking lot of water to stay hydrated and lots of rest breaks in the shade.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Yes, wishing you all well down there!  The cable company I represent at work had over 85K customers without cable as of yesterday morning after all the storms and heat etc.  I understand a lot of folks are without power still and expecting that to continue for up to a week.  Staying cool in that type of heat without A/C is difficult for certain!  Wishing you all well!!!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

We're in the thick of it here.  It's been hot, but I like heat a lot better than cold so no complaints from me.  The only thing I don't like about heat is trying to sleep in it, but having an air conditioned house takes the trouble out of that.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

The weather is mad all over at the minute. Here in the UK it is only 60 degrees which is way under what it should be for July. Last week we had hail the size of golf balls! On one estate in Leicester, in the midlands, every car that was outside was written off. They tell me it's something to do with the jet stream not being in it's usual position. Does that kind of heat affect the guitars much?
Best of luck to anyone who is suffering.

"We cannot hold a torch to light another's path without brightening our own." (Ben Sweetland)

8 (edited by dino48 2012-07-03 01:42:11)

Glad too hear most of you are doing ok ,hope it will get over soon,need too get rid of the humidity out there. My son is working 16 hour shifts( He is with the power co in S.C.)

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I dont usually have to run my AC a lot even in summer we get a nice cool breeze from the lake this saves on electricity and keeps my bill within my budget but this stretch of heat and humidity forces me to keep it on unusally long I dread the next bill. smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Wow.. finally able to get on.  Just got power back on from the wicked storm that blew this area out on Friday night..  one of the worst storms I've ever seen including hurricanes.  It was like a hurricane in 30 minutes..  transformers outside of my house blew, poles and trees down - power out.  We're on a well so when power fails.. no water.  No water for anything including flushing..  dreadful.  But, back on now after 3-1/2 days without.  I have to give a shout out to the power company - I literally saw them working around the clock..  still so much damage around.  Good luck all..  Deb

I hope all turns out well for you guys soon.  We are at 105 typically here through august, but we are used to it.  No storms though.  Hang in there guys and good luck.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Just got our power back too.  After Friday's storm there were crews working hard on Saturday just to open roads so electrical workers could assess the damage.  The prediction is that some areas nearby may not get power back until next weekend. I understand the problem of restoring power down here in the hills where I live but even some areas near Columbus (50 miles north of me) may not be back until next Sunday. 

The good news was that we still had water during the power outage.  Not having electric was an inconvenience but it allowed me to make good use of some of my camping equipment for cooking, etc.  Every evening we would bring in the solar powered lights that we have along our walks and flower beds and they provided enough light to move around the house.  We also opened all the windows after dark which cooled the house down to about 75 before morning  and then buttoned her up during the day.  No air movement, but it stayed below 80 degrees in the house which felt great compared to the 95+ outside temps. After 2 days we had to empty the fridge and put everything on ice in coolers so once again the camping gear came in handy as I have 3 coolers between  70-100 quarts which I use on multi-day raft trips.  I also got a lot of reading and guitar pickin' done and caught several smallmouth bass on a local stream yesterday while floating/cooling off.

Per the papers, the storm was classified as a "Derecho" or shear winds which covered a wide area.  Winds reached 85 mph locally but I'm sure other areas were probably hit worse. Hope all is well with my fellow Chordians.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

We are about too have a heat wave here around 104,but that is normal this time of year. I am thankfull we do not have the storms,and High humidity that happens towards east coast and mid america.

I heard this storm was a derecho, which concerned me given that my name is Derek, the radio announcer didn't enunciate very well, and I had had a wee drop to drink with my Chordie friends on Skype that night....

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Dino, your son and his co-workers deserve a huge THANK YOU for the work they do. We had a snow storm a few years ago and were without power for eight days. Those guys and gals worked non-stop in freezing conditions to get our area back on power. I watched them work down in the holler behind our house, when the power came back on and they drove off to the next site, they recieved cheers and waves from all the families on our mountain as they passed by. May God bless them and keep them safe from harm.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Thanks bluejeep,my daughter in law told me that they were heading further up into N.Carolina,I hope he is carefull out there.

Hot, hot, hot here in the Missouri Ozarks. We've had little rain this year and it is dry as a bone. Fires are consuming 100s of acres in the Mark Twain National Forrest. Makes me long for Lake Michigan breezes.

Long in years, short of cash, doing my best.

It hasn`t been too bad here.It`s hot but not 100. Of course my electric bill will be outrageous this month. The back of my truck gets hot, but it hasn`t killed me. All I have to do is think of how hot it is for everybody else. Hope everyone is getting through it ok. Look at it this way. In Anchorage, they are still turning the snow mountain from all the snow they had. I think I would prefer heat.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

I have a temp. gauge on my bicycle's mileage computer. When I was riding yesterday, it was 102 in the shade, 111 in the sun, and an average of 106. Thankfully, it wasn't too humid and there was a bit of a breeze, but boy was I thirsty. I stopped at the market and got a big bottle of chocolate milk and drank it all down in  three gulps. Num!

It's going to be 72 and beautiful here in Seattle.  smile

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

jerome.oneil wrote:

It's going to be 72 and beautiful here in Seattle.  smile

I hope you send some of that down here to ca. soon jerome,we are going too be heating up the nextweek,temps like 103 105. At least it is not humid heat like backeast.

It's supposed to be 80 here on Sunday.  Might have to break out the sun screen!

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Dino is up north from me so I don't know if he's as spoiled as we are in southern California. It gets hot, but it's dry. The past few years haven't been bad at all. During the summer it get to just over 100 for a few days at a time.  Like Dino said, it's supposed to hit 100 next week for a few days. It's moving in from back east. We have the best weather.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

jerome.oneil wrote:

It's supposed to be 80 here on Sunday.  Might have to break out the sun screen!

GRrrrrrrrrrr.!!!