Topic: web cam, finally

Ok, My wife called to say my web cam arrived.  Tonight I shall get my skype account.

Will be interesting to see how the 20 dollar camera does. 

SO WHO IS UP AT 0200 TEXAS TIME? (thats 2 AM for non 24 hr time peeps)

Who lives where is not late or already in the afternoon at that time?

Wife said I had better not be getting any girlfriends on there LOLOL So Amy I guess ill have to get her online to meet everyone  big_smile  I told her that if I could ever manage it, I wanted to join the jams.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: web cam, finally

My account name is beamer326

still learning how this all works.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

try it now if it works joeyjoeyjoey21

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

4 (edited by beamer 2012-05-16 09:24:07)

I should have said,

Got the skype account,  testing camera.  its getting signal for skype, sending vid but not sound.  I can hook a mic up to puter, but ill give V7 a chance today when I call them.  I may be sending this back to newegg.  and ill not be a cheapskate.  gotta get auto focus if this doesnt work out.
met roger at 3 something this morning,, i could hear him and see him,, he could see me, (once I got it focused!) but not hear me through the camera. I could talk SMS
lap top did not want to use supplied driver disk.  once i got that right from website it would not show me a window of what it was doing and or give me an indicator light on camera,,, bothersome! mad

I met Roger at 3:30 one morning.Pitch black and snowing here.Sunny and warm over there.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

ok! I have the camera sorted out.  the instruction book was next to useless, but found teh correct tabs in  skype tools, so barring some minor focus and finding a good position for the camera, im up and running. big_smile

Very good.  Did your camera have a microphone, or is that something you're still working on? 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Yeah, if the camera has a mic, there's settings in skype for that too.  smile  Hope you can join us tonight for a short bit!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Camera has a mic but its abit of a pos rinky dink.  For the jams I think I will wire guitar and good mic up to the mixer and run through the sound card. (that was the problem the other night, had it set to sound card not usb mic)

Im working tonight, too bad work comp blocks skyp, I would definatly like to at least listen to everyone.

Sorry you couldn't join us.  I use my H2 as a mic during skype jams.  It works much better than the cruddy laptop mic.  Zurf actually thought I had the guitar plugged in last night!  Well, until I got strumming and get got some interesting feedback which apparently wan't too bad of an addition to the guitar sound.  LOL!  I work from home, and what I've found is that Skype (being a voip of sorts) requires a LOT of bandwith.  My connection with work and the vpn hogs most of it, so I can barely chat on skype while working.  It's too bad, cuz I sure would love to listen in during jams while working too but my connection would never support it.  sigh...

Let us know when you're available and I'll see if I can make some time to host and get everyone together when you can join as well!  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.