Topic: sound hole cover

I recently mounted a john pierce pick-up on my guitar. When using an amp I get a lot of feedback interference. I can reduce the feedback noise by reducing the volume, but this defeats the purpose of wanting greater sound levels. Will a sound hole cover help or should I just breakdown and buy an electric guitar? Opinions/advice anyone? I have been fighting a severe case of GAS for quite sometime - do I keep fighting or just give in?

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Re: sound hole cover

How close are you standing to your amp. Try standing away from the amp first.It could be the cheapest fix.It`s almost the same as when you hold a microphone up to the amp.If you keep a distance,it will be cheaper than a soundhole cover. Oh and never fill the soundhole  with Rice pudding.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

bluejeep , a soundhole cover will help eleminate most of your feedback. there are a lot of different types you can try. I don't know if your pickup is a sound hole pick or not .You can use a soundhole cover with a soundhole pickup with a liitle tweeking. As far as the GAS issue, I'm not about to tell you not to give in.

joe

I've tried moving as far away as the cord will allow but it did'nt help. I don't mind spending for a sound hole cover if it will have the desired effect, as it would be cheaper than another guitar. I'll take your advice and stay away from the rice pudding - thanks jjj

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

I think one of those rubber sound hole covers will do the job.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

At least you tried.Now you know it didnt work. There is nothing worse than buying something and finding out there is a no cost way to do it.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Try standing behind the amp.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]