Topic: Another new player

Just started trying to learn.  I've tried looking for something to help me learn how to play lefty.  I play left handed.

Re: Another new player

Welcome! Do you play a righty guitar flipped like Hendrix or do you play a standard tuned, standard strung lefty?

Hi aeroparrot,welcome to the site.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Welcome to chordie aeroparrot. You can view left handed chord patterns here by clicking the resources tab and on the bottom of the page clink, change settings. Click guitar (left) from the drop down menu and all songs will show with left handed fingerings.

(Beats standing on your head I guess). Other than that, often recommended is the justinguitar.com beginners course. Good Luck and stick with it! If you can get by the initial finger soreness and develop some callouses, you're 90% there!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

That is so cool Topdown, never knew about the sttings thing.

Welcome to the forum Aeroparrot!!!!!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome Aeroparrot.  Some good resources on Chordie are checking out beginner songbooks in the songbooks tab, asking questions (none are too basic or simple), off Chordie a couple beginner resources are the beginner programs at www.justinguitar.com, a zillion beginner videos on Youtube (be careful though, if something there doesn't make sense to you it probably doesn't make sense to anyone, not all Youtube instructors are created equal), and if you're interested in flatpicking I just found that Folk of the Wood has some beginner pick control lessons at http://www.folkofthewood.com/Acoustic_G … sons.html. 

Take your time, enjoy yourself, and participate in the forums. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Baldguitardude wrote:

Welcome! Do you play a righty guitar flipped like Hendrix or do you play a standard tuned, standard strung lefty?

Bought an actual lefty guitar not the "Hendrix version".

Thanks all.  I will check it out.

Zurf wrote:

Welcome Aeroparrot.  Some good resources on Chordie are checking out beginner songbooks in the songbooks tab, asking questions (none are too basic or simple), off Chordie a couple beginner resources are the beginner programs at www.justinguitar.com, a zillion beginner videos on Youtube (be careful though, if something there doesn't make sense to you it probably doesn't make sense to anyone, not all Youtube instructors are created equal), and if you're interested in flatpicking I just found that Folk of the Wood has some beginner pick control lessons at http://www.folkofthewood.com/Acoustic_G … sons.html. 

Take your time, enjoy yourself, and participate in the forums. 

- Zurf

Thanks.  I found a video of one on YouTube that made sense with the guy saying to stretch out the fingers by doing 1-2-3-4 on all 6 strings one at a time going down and 4-3-2-1 going back up.  I'm trying to master that first....

A good place to start aeroparrot.  Welcome to the club.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Hi and welcome aeroparrot. Great advice from all of the above, have fun learning and playing. Yea - the fingers may get a bit sore but it will pass if you keep at it. Keep us posted on your progress, remember your are never alone - we were all beginners once.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".