Topic: I feel better about this. Doing the right thing.

After a hectic sunday,things are falling into place today.I had planned to participate in the jam sunday,but our bassist didn`t show and the singer didn`t want to do it with no bass. He wasn`t too pleased about him being a no show. I tried to speak up for him but he didn`t want to hear it. He put an ad up for another bassist and I didn`t cooperate with him.I said I wouldn`t do anything behind his back. Told him to do me one favor, if  you want to replace him,you do it. After thinking long and hard,I let him(the bassist) know what was going on. I told him that I didn`t like when it was done to me and I wasn`t about to do it to him. Besides he is a friend and he deserved to get better treatment than that. If he was going to find out,it would be from me and not some sneaky way. Either way he is staying and he thanked me for being honest with him. It was one of those moments that I didn`t enjoy.Sometimes I guess in a band,things have to be done that arent enjoyable. I really hated to have to tell him about the situation.I also feel much better that I told him and didn`t conspire behind his back or force him out. It`s nice to know that I did the right thing.Days or months later,I won`t be thinking I wish I didn`t do that. I know this can be a cutthroat game,I don`t want to play that way.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: I feel better about this. Doing the right thing.

Good for you Joey!!!!! Gotta watch your friend's back. Besides, who made the singer king of the band? Shouldn't everyone have to agree to kick someone out?

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

zguitar wrote:

Good for you Joey!!!!! Gotta watch your friend's back. Besides, who made the singer king of the band? Shouldn't everyone have to agree to kick someone out?

It is an old malady. LSD,  =  Lead Singer disease. happens a lot from what I hear.

Joey maybe its time you and Bass playing friend look for a new singer?  Or did I understand that you 3 have worked out the problem and all is good again?

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

If your singer can't rehearse without a full band, replace your singer.

Sometimes $hznit happens.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

5 (edited by joeyjoeyjoey 2012-03-14 07:45:56)

beamer wrote:
zguitar wrote:

It is an old malady. LSD,  =  Lead Singer disease. happens a lot from what I hear.

Joey maybe its time you and Bass playing friend look for a new singer?  Or did I understand that you 3 have worked out the problem and all is good again?

We did work it all out.In a case like this,diplomacy works better. We joined up with the singer,he didn`t join us. The lead singer in one band(that I started) did the same to me by rescheduling so I couldn`t make it.He knew my work hours and conveniently changed all rehearsals to my work schedule. Then to add insult to injury,he invited me back at my schedule when I got a female lead singer for awhile. I politely declined. When I had something he wanted,I was welcome back. I try to treat people like I want to be treated. Sometimes it`s an eye for an eye. I try to avoid that. I come out stronger in the end. Oh, and thank you for the support. Imagine if the whole world was a chordie sight.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Good job Jx3.  That's the right thing to do, and sets a good example for the trout. 

I've been kicked out of a band by having them moving practice location and time and I was the only one who didn't know.  Funny thing was, I was ready to quit that night and was going to tell them.  One more night and they could have had what they wanted and kept their heads high instead of having to pull a fast one.  Nothing wrong with those guys.  It was a good band and good guys.  It just wasn't working out. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Good for you Jx3!  You've set a good example not only for the trout, but also for the other band members.  Giving some respect will often auto earn you respect as well.  If they think of steppnig on YOUR  toes in the future, they will likely think TWICE about it because of your actions this time around.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

mekidsmom wrote:

Good for you Jx3!  You've set a good example not only for the trout, but also for the other band members.  Giving some respect will often auto earn you respect as well.  If they think of steppnig on YOUR  toes in the future, they will likely think TWICE about it because of your actions this time around.

Well Amy, that only works if the one in question actually cares about his companions.  But as it is said, If it applies to you take heed, if not, let it float down the river. :-)

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)