Topic: bswyers update????

Hey Butch!!!!!  Just wonderin' how the fingers are doin'? We haven't had an update in a while.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: bswyers update????

Thanks for asking Zguitar. My index finger still won't bend at the tip. The surgeon said another surgery to remove scar tissue may help but there is no guarantee. My middle finger does bend but only partially. Due to the amount of damage and the skin being pulled tight to stitch them up, both tips are slightly deformed making the finger nails protrude down over them. The left handed guitar I bought has been sitting in the corner as I experienced a lot of pain in my left shoulder whenever I tried to play it. Another trip to the doctor, x-rays, MRI and find out when I caught myself I tore my rotator cuff and my bicep tendon. So surgery for that is scheduled for the 28th of this month. It seems to be a never ending string of bad luck. I'll be in a sling for about 4-6 weeks for that and then therapy for a couple months. In the mean time I'm, as the Statler Brothers said,watching Captain Kangaroo and counting flowers on the wall. I have been putzing around the house a little but for the most part I just try to stay out of goodwife's way. Not always easy to do. Again thanks for asking and to all Chordians for their thoughts and prayers.

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway

Thanks for the update Butch.  I've been through the rotator cuff surgery and it wasn't as bad as the hand surgery sounds like it was.  The PT (personal torture) is the worst of it.  I've bought a Total Gym to help keep my shoulders strong and think that's helped me a lot.  They're not that expensive but they do take up a bit of room.  Something to ask your physical therapist about when the time comes. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Sorry to hear about all the additional troubles Butch.  Our thoughts are with you for a speedy recovery!!!!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Butch, Hope all goes well for you. Just thinking about your guitar playing. Ever think about trying slide or dobro. You wouldn't need to try to form chords,just move the slide around.

Joe

I've been playing around some with the slide but with the damage in my shoulder it's really uncomfortable to do for more than a few minutes. I haven't given up yet on playing right handed( as my wife says I'm a stubborn SOB) But until I get this other matter taken care of my playing is on the shelf. I'm looking forward to getting healed up and back in performing shape as it sounds like all that have joined in are having a blast with the Skype jams. In the meantime I polish and tune my guitars and encourage my son Luke to continue playing as it looks like he'll have to take my place as the guitar player at his mom's family reunion. I have had my bass out and am able to somewhat play it but my heart is really into pickin my six strings. But it is what it is and and all I can do is make the best of it. Someday I'll be better and then can tear into it with renewed energy.

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway

Keep that good attitude bud!!! You will get better and be back strumming away. It will take time but you'll get there.

I think I heard that golf is good therapy for a repaired rotator cuff. Maybe a new hobby to pass the time?

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

All my best to you.Hope you get well soon

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

butch I hope things start turning around and you can get back too playing soon.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Butch, With that attitude I know you'll be back playing as quick as you. Way to Go!!!!!

Joe